Anyone have an idea when Waze will be updated to work with CarPlay?

btru82

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
Anyone have an idea when Waze will be updated to work with CarPlay? The last I read was that they were beta testing but haven’t seen any estimates time wise.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Waze CarPlay update ETA??

I don’t know. It shouldn’t be much longer, I suppose, especially since Google Maps have been updated to work with CarPlay.

btru82

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site

I don’t know. It shouldn’t be much longer, I suppose, especially since Google Maps have been updated to work with CarPlay.

Oh that’s good to know. Thanks. I will try that one tomorrow while I wait for waze!

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Oh that’s good to know. Thanks. I will try that one tomorrow while I wait for waze!

I tested it out earlier this afternoon when I went to grab a late lunch and it worked well. It looked good on my car’s infotainment display.

btru82

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site

I tested it out earlier this afternoon when I went to grab a late lunch and it worked well. It looked good on my car’s infotainment display.

Nice. I’m hoping that when waze comes out they keep all the alerts that the other apps don’t seem to have but I don’t know how much they can have going on with CarPlay’s abilities

Alex Rodriguez Jr.

Mar 22, 2015
Visit site

It’s worked really well for me following the hot fix. The original release had no sound for me. The graphics are pretty low quality, but I imagine those will be improved with time. Other than that, I’d expect it to be released soon with how great it’s working already.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
My Rogue came with navigation. I like it a lot. It’s alerts me on road construction will re route ! It gives the speed limit. Even shows gas stations and prices. Voice directions. Like it better than my google maps and doesn’t use my data.

TylerLV76

Dec 23, 2017
Visit site

Thanks for this. Just reinstalled Google Maps to try it out. Apple maps is ok but I hate that you cant change routes mid navigation. Really looking forward to getting Waze back on my screen. Loved using it on Android Auto.

Side note: Am I imagining things or did Apple finally include the most needed update to CarPlay? Every time I connect and CarPlay starts it dumps my wifi connection and enables LTE. I don't know if this is coincidence or not but on iOS 11 it always kept my wifi connection going. I never understood allowing wifi in CarPlay since you're clearly not going to be sitting on wifi while driving.

Hopefully its actually happening on purpose because Ive been begging for that option for quite some time.

Trigati

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site
Even shows gas stations and prices.

That feature is most likely part of a Sirius XM trial or subscription. I didn't keep my subscription and it was bye bye gas prices... And a few other things like sports scores and ski resort information.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Thanks for this. Just reinstalled Google Maps to try it out. Apple maps is ok but I hate that you cant change routes mid navigation. Really looking forward to getting Waze back on my screen. Loved using it on Android Auto.

Side note: Am I imagining things or did Apple finally include the most needed update to CarPlay? Every time I connect and CarPlay starts it dumps my wifi connection and enables LTE. I don't know if this is coincidence or not but on iOS 11 it always kept my wifi connection going. I never understood allowing wifi in CarPlay since you're clearly not going to be sitting on wifi while driving.

Hopefully its actually happening on purpose because Ive been begging for that option for quite some time.

I’m not sure, but I have Wi-Fi in my car so whenever I connect my device and initiate CarPlay, it’s auto-connected to my car’s Wi-Fi network.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
That feature is most likely part of a Sirius XM trial or subscription. I didn't keep my subscription and it was bye bye gas prices... And a few other things like sports scores and ski resort information.

No it’s not. I have navigation in my vehicle. It’s not part of the Sirus XM

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Also I had a 2016 Rogue prior. It didn’t have navigation! It did have the Sirus XM though. When I got the 2018 I asked for specifics and I have the SV model. The Navigation is part of the model not the Sirus XM

Trigati

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site
No it’s not. I have navigation in my vehicle. It’s not part of the Sirus XM

Cool, then. My Jetta has built in navigation too, but the gas prices were provided by Sirius and went away when I discontinued Sirius service. I like the sound of Nissan's built in navigation service better. 😊

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
So far it looks like the phone will display turn-by-turn directions and the car's screen will show the map.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I can use my google too but I like the convenience of the navigation on my vehicle. I pay for that. SD card is embedded into mine so whether or not I keep Sirus I have navigation permanently. I like the extras I have with Sirus. So keeping it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR