Reset settings to default?

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
So, I've been using the same saved/restored backup on a 6s+, 7+, and X since I moved to Apple from Android in 2015. I think besides apps, just things I do with iOS have changed and I may have originally turned off various Apple specific settings in order to use Google apps etc. for things at the time. Just wondering is there a way to reset the main phone settings to the default fresh install without actually wiping out things like installed apps and their data/etc.? Things like default fetch/push settings for mail/calendar accounts etc?

The main thing driving this is I had pretty much turned off the automatic syncing of the default calendar because I was using Google Calendar but with iOS 12 and it's enhanced do not disturb settings I want to be able to take better advantage of that which means using the default iOS Calendar instead. I'm having problems remember the default sync/push settings though to get my work calendar to sync reliably (added as a "subscribed calendar" under "passwords & accounts").

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Go to Settings > General > Reset and choose the upper one, ‘Reset All Settings‘.

This will reset all Settings to default but will keep everything else on the phone the way it was.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Go to Settings > General > Reset and choose the upper one, ‘Reset All Settings‘.

This will reset all Settings to default but will keep everything else on the phone the way it was.

Thanks! I thought that might be it but wasn't sure. I'll probably give it a try, after a full secure iTunes backup of course.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2