The iOS 12 Shortcuts app is now in the App Store, in case you’re wondering.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Re: iOS 12 Shortcuts app

Been on it for months in beta. Once you get used to automation it is super useful.

For example, I have a shortcut that will tell me how long it will take to get to work, open maps with my work address already populated then open Overcast and start my podcast queue. And all I need is tell Siri that I am heading to work.

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site

I’m diggin’ it. I’ve created all of these so far...
c1b3c8a9ed2099a6805331cb3c9194d9.png

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site

I’m still trying to figure this out.

Same here. I’m finding it a little clunky to set up. Not as smooth as launch pad was in blackberry....but totally different animal of course. Lol

I’ve only set 2 things up and I’m not even sure how they’ll work out

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site

I have some existing Workflow things that I still use from the old version, but I haven't even started looking into Siri Shortcuts yet. However, I'm glad that more apps will have hooks into the Shortcuts app going forward than with the Workflow app.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site

If you have Workflow things already, will they move over to Shortcuts easily?

Mine are all there and so far all the ones that I have tested work fine. (I have a workflow that extracts the text from a shared tweet, gets the HTML of the tweet, converts it to PDF, and saves the tweet text and the PDF to a Note, so that I can save tweets that I may want to read later. Sharing the tweet itself - at least from Twitteriffic or Tweetbot - just shares a t.co short URL that creates a generic icon without text in the Notes app, meaning that I never knew what it was that I shared with just a glance. I also have one that shares a PDF of an article I am reading in my local newspaper's app to an iCloud folder for later reading/printing.)

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site

I set up the "say cheese" shortcut shown in the Shortcut gallery, but I didn't realize, or forgot, to activate Siri and record "Say Cheese". After fumbling around with App, I finally managed it!

I'm hoping that some "how to's" will appear on iMore with step by step directions! @lorygil @reneritchie

Trigati

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site

I set up the "say cheese" shortcut shown in the Shortcut gallery, but I didn't realize, or forgot, to activate Siri and record "Say Cheese". After fumbling around with App, I finally managed it!

I'm hoping that some "how to's" will appear on iMore with step by step directions! @lorygil @reneritchie

https://www.imore.com/how-use-workflow-ios-when-you-dont-know-where-start

Same app, just a new name. That might help a bit in getting started.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site

Setting up shortcuts is a trial and error sort. It took me four edits to get

Where was this Taken

To where I wanted it. But it’s pretty fun customizing it just right. Gonna Do two shortcuts a day till I get my list done

Donkichot

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
A bug in this simple shortcut
-get current song
-add to playlist

It often add the previous song played instead of the current one playing to my playlist ending up with many double...
Is there a way to solve that bug... ?

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711