Today's the Day! iOS 12 will be released for everyone.

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Only took 10 minutes or so.

Feels like iOS 11.5. Completely underwhelming. Still cannot access the RAW in RAW+JPEG pairs in Photos.

Maybe this is exciting for people with ancient iPhones?

Feels like I just downloaded a few Apps from the App Store, one of which - Shortcuts - crashes every time I touch anything in it. Literally nothing noticeable has changed except the typing suggestions for the keyboard look differently.

Buying the Note9 next week. Definitely not going to upgrade to another iPhone when it basically functions like the same exact device. Waste of money. Updated HDR is not worth paying for. That should have been a software update to all 7/8/X devices.

I’ve been putting in the same feature requests since the 6 Plus in 2014. They don’t care. These are basic conveniences that are crippling my productivity.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
After ready multiple posts from you today, I take it you are unhappy with Apple. 🤣

Hey, enjoy your new Google device. Nothing wrong with switching up once in a while and seeing what the other side has to offer. Let us know how it goes.

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
My battery life is awful after this update.

And you’re free to block me if you don’t like my posts.

Reading*, not ready
Notes are Samsung devices, not Google devices.

It will go as it did before I moved to iPhone, wonderfully. I didn’t leave Android because I was unhappy with it. I did so because “why not.”

I’ll be sure to relay the confirmation to you, though

It isn’t about seeing what the other side has to offer. The iPhone is simply not moving forward enough and is lags too far behind what I need out of a device. The past four years have been filled with compromises. Enough is enough.

Everyone has their requirements.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
My battery life is awful after this update.

And you’re free to block me if you don’t like my posts.

Reading*, not ready
Notes are Samsung devices, not Google devices.

It will go as it did before I moved to iPhone, wonderfully. I didn’t leave Android because I was unhappy with it. I did so because “why not.”

I’ll be sure to relay the confirmation to you, though

No need to block. Enjoying the drama.

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
No need to block. Enjoying the drama.

There’s no drama. I don’t argue my decisions. They just are. If anyone gets defensive because of them, or the way I go about making those decisions, that’s their own business and I never care about it.

xtremeled

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
There’s no drama. I don’t argue my decisions. They just are. If anyone gets defensive because of them, or the way I go about making those decisions, that’s their own business and I never care about it.

Pretty sure your point has been made. Seems beating it to death is giving you some satisfaction so ... keep goin!!!!

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Smooth sailing ⛵️ here. The new iOS may not seem like a whole lot on the outside but my i8 is running liked a well oiled machine! And, I’m digging the new shortcuts app. I’ve already created a handful of them

grover5

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Let’s be civil.
You are unhappy with iOS. You are moving to Android.
Someone started a thread celebrating the release of 12. Let’s allow some celebration for 1 day at least.

I downloaded the gold master last week. It’s working great for me. Not understanding the anger and drama being posted. If you don’t like something then get something else. Seems fairly simple. At least that’s what I do.

ncbrzll

May 12, 2018
Visit site
Did clean install too! They really did boost the performance and speed. But the one thing I’m annoyed about is they removed the Bluetooth Icon now. Thought it will appear again after a clean install.

iPh6ne6

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site

You’re posting your business on a public forum.

You’re making your business, other people’s business.

If you don’t care about it, or people’s opinion on it, why even bother posting?

I think you do care. And you’re looking for justification in your decision to leave Apple, because deep down, you don’t want to.

clouds0222

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
I downloaded iOS 12 this morning to my 8 Plus about 10:15 Central Time, took about 20 minutes. No problems. I take it the Memoji's are only available on iPhone X and the new iPhones coming out?

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I downloaded iOS 12 this morning to my 8 Plus about 10:15 Central Time, took about 20 minutes. No problems. I take it the Memoji's are only available on iPhone X and the new iPhones coming out?

Yes the 8 series doesn’t have the FaceID camera for the moji’s

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR