Here's a stupid question...when do we get to see the Siri Shortcuts app? I don't see it anywhere in the public GM.
    brentino likes this.
    09-12-2018 04:25 PM

Just downloading. It's massive compared to all the betas
    09-12-2018 04:26 PM
    Here's a stupid question...when do we get to see the Siri Shortcuts app? I don't see it anywhere in the public GM.
    Great question and in today’s video they mentioned Group FaceTime again but when will that be brought in too?
    09-12-2018 04:27 PM
    Great question and in today’s video they mentioned Group FaceTime again but when will that be brought in too?
    According to the website, group FT will come in the fall. No firm date that I have seen.
    09-12-2018 04:58 PM
    So will we get a second official update next week that wipes out the beta profile/etc. or how does that work? 12 was the first time I've done a beta. Thinking it's time to go to release version for a while once it's out. I thought I read that it will automatically update but I guess today's update isn't it cause the App Store still tells me I'm not on an official version if I try to review an app for instance and the beta profile thing is still installed (do I need to uninstall that?).
    09-12-2018 05:01 PM
    It will most likely be available on Monday as a downloadable app from the App Store replacing Workflow.
    09-12-2018 05:15 PM
    So will we get a second official update next week that wipes out the beta profile/etc. or how does that work? 12 was the first time I've done a beta. Thinking it's time to go to release version for a while once it's out. I thought I read that it will automatically update but I guess today's update isn't it cause the App Store still tells me I'm not on an official version if I try to review an app for instance and the beta profile thing is still installed (do I need to uninstall that?).
    The version that went live tonight is the version that will go live for everyone, next week.

You won’t get an update prompt as you already have it.

You can now delete the beta profile off your phone if you want.
    09-12-2018 05:23 PM
    The version that went live tonight is the version that will go live for everyone, next week.

You won’t get an update prompt as you already have it.

You can now delete the beta profile off your phone if you want.
    Ah ok, I thought I read that beta users get today's update and then would get an official update next week as well?
    09-12-2018 05:25 PM
    I guess if I run into issues I could just do a backup, then do a full recovery type install of 12 wiping out everything next week and restore my backup.
    09-12-2018 05:25 PM
    One thing I haven’t seen since running iOS 12 is grouped notifications.

All my WhatsApp notifications for example, still show separately
    09-12-2018 05:29 PM
    One thing I haven’t seen since running iOS 12 is grouped notifications.

All my WhatsApp notifications for example, still show separately
    Go to Settings > Notifications > WhatsApp and scroll down to change your preference for grouping.
    09-12-2018 05:31 PM
    It took forever to download the GM onto my iPhone X while at work, it finished installing literally as I was about to leave the office and head home. Perfect timing, huh?
    09-12-2018 05:35 PM
    Go to Settings > Notifications > WhatsApp and scroll down to change your preference for grouping.
    Didn’t realise you have to set it.

But it’s set to ‘automatic’ as default? Is that right?
    blackmagicwoman likes this.
    09-12-2018 05:51 PM
    Didn’t realise you have to set it.

But it’s set to ‘automatic’ as default? Is that right?
    Yeah, all my other apps are still set to Automatic by default. I only changed some apps to ‘By Default’.
    09-12-2018 06:13 PM
    The GM is running very smoothly on my iPhone X, therefore, I will do a clean install of it this weekend - perhaps Friday night while watching whatever college football game will be airing on ESPN.
    pr1nce and Domadia_Jasmine like this.
    09-12-2018 06:26 PM
    Huh so I uninstalled the beta profile after updating today but the app store said I'm still on a pre-release when going to review an app. I'm assuming that will go away then on Monday?
    09-12-2018 07:17 PM
    Huh so I uninstalled the beta profile after updating today but the app store said I'm still on a pre-release when going to review an app. I'm assuming that will go away then on Monday?
    iOS 12 has not been officially released yet.
    09-12-2018 07:20 PM
    iOS 12 has not been officially released yet.
    Right, I'm just trying to understand if say things like that app store review thing will just start working on Monday since I'm on today's GM release, or will I need another update, or a fresh load of official iOS12 to get stuff like that working. This was my first time on the betas so I'm not certain how stuff like that works.
    09-12-2018 07:26 PM
    Right, I'm just trying to understand if say things like that app store review thing will just start working on Monday since I'm on today's GM release, or will I need another update, or a fresh load of official iOS12 to get stuff like that working. This was my first time on the betas so I'm not certain how stuff like that works.
    You won't need another update. It'll be a server side thing.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    09-12-2018 07:31 PM
    You won't need another update. It'll be a server side thing.
    Thanks! I assumed that was the case but wanted to be sure.
    09-12-2018 07:38 PM
    I haven’t done any 12 betas until today. I watched the thing today and got curious so I got the profile from a website and downloaded iOS 12 about an hour ago. So I now have the official version 5 days early?
    Just_Me_D and pr1nce like this.
    09-12-2018 08:06 PM
    No new wallpapers
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    09-12-2018 08:38 PM
    Downloaded. We need new wallpapers!
    pr1nce and ladyc0524 like this.
    09-12-2018 08:56 PM
    I haven’t done any 12 betas until today. I watched the thing today and got curious so I got the profile from a website and downloaded iOS 12 about an hour ago. So I now have the official version 5 days early?
    Yes
    phlamethrowre likes this.
    09-12-2018 09:02 PM
    The GM is running very smoothly on my iPhone X, therefore, I will do a clean install of it this weekend - perhaps Friday night while watching whatever college football game will be airing on ESPN.
    So if We factory reset now, we will remain on ios 12? Even official release is on 17?
    09-12-2018 09:56 PM
126 1234 ...