iOS 12 Dev beta 12

Status
Not open for further replies.

akavbb

Aug 30, 2018
Visit site
For the developer beta it costs $99 per year to a registered developer with Apple. The public beta can be accessed by going to beta.apple.com.

Thank you for the information.
I tried to sign up but it says that I enter wrong appleid and password. Is it region restricted?

donnation

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
This latest beta still causes settings to get stuck. I'm also seeing an issue of automatically connecting to WiFi. Might be just my device though.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
How can one join the beta program?

It’s worth noting that it’s not really worth paying $99/year just to get access to the beta if you’re not actually a developer, especially when the final release is just around the corner and there’s a public beta of iOS 12 available to the general public free of charge.
Follow the link to sign up for the public beta. The only downsides compared to the developer beta are public betas aren’t available in very early stages of new betas (obviously not an issue with iOS 12 at this point) and sometimes public beta updates aren’t available until the day after the developer betas (again, not really an issue at this point).
https://beta.apple.com/sp/betaprogram/

akavbb

Aug 30, 2018
Visit site
I would like to thank you all for your replies. All is good now. I managed to sign up. Any concerns with the data shared while on beta? Should I be worried? Can I opt out of data collection ?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
It’s worth noting that it’s not really worth paying $99/year just to get access to the beta if you’re not actually a developer, especially when the final release is just around the corner and there’s a public beta of iOS 12 available to the general public free of charge.
Follow the link to sign up for the public beta. The only downsides compared to the developer beta are public betas aren’t available in very early stages of new betas (obviously not an issue with iOS 12 at this point) and sometimes public beta updates aren’t available until the day after the developer betas (again, not really an issue at this point).
https://beta.apple.com/sp/betaprogram/

I don’t agree. #MAGA (Make Apple Great Again). Everybody should pay that $99 a year subscription imo.

KenV54

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
For the developer beta it costs $99 per year to a registered developer with Apple. The public beta can be accessed by going to beta.apple.com.

I've heard rumors to the effect that free developer certificates are available from various sites on the internet that are searchable. And there are no public betas for the Apple Watch, because if something goes wrong, the Watch has to go back to Apple to be cleared and fitted with the latest official release.

I suspect Apple isn’t in it for the money when it comes to the developer certificates, per se. The fee is for the support from Apple the developers need. Anyone else with a developer beta who runs into problems is out of luck, and will have to do a complete reset with the phone.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
When the GM drops on Wednesday, I wonder if the use of a Google Maps and Waze via CarPlay will be active.
In any case, I’ll do a clean install of the GM like I always do either later that evening or the following weekend.

Oct 15, 2016
Visit site
When the GM drops on Wednesday, I wonder if the use of a Google Maps and Waze via CarPlay will be active.
In any case, I’ll do a clean install of the GM like I always do either later that evening or the following weekend.

So how you do clean install? You will update GM first, take a back up & factory reset?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR