Why cant Apple figure out how to send a PDF using iMessage w/o resorting to work arounds?

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
In regards to Dark Mode, nobody is asking for Dark Mode. Nobody wants it.

Everyone has been bugging about Memoji though. Everyone.

/s

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site

/s

What about a memoji in dark mode? Common Apple, get your act together! 🤣

And where is the OP? Perhaps secretly sending pdf’s with an iPhone?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: Dark mode!!!! Woo hoo

I will repost the same response again just for you . When I hit share on the PDF i get two options. Mail and Print.

You figure it out? Where are you trying to share the pdf from? If in Mail, it's easy, just like others say. In mail, I lightly press on the unopened pdf. The share sheet comes up. If I tap on it, it opens with a share arrow in the bottom left. If I want to share an image in my camera roll as pdf, I highlight it, tap the share arrow, then choose print. Then reverse pinch the screen and another share arrow comes up in the bottom left.

xtremeled

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site

You figure it out? Where are you trying to share the pdf from? If in Mail, it's easy, just like others say. In mail, I lightly press on the unopened pdf. The share sheet comes up. If I tap on it, it opens with a share arrow in the bottom left. If I want to share an image in my camera roll as pdf, I highlight it, tap the share arrow, then choose print. Then reverse pinch the screen and another share arrow comes up in the bottom left.

Mail is fairly simple. Sending the document as a text is a PITA. As I posted earlier, I dont have a text option when I open the PDF. I have now found a way to do it but logically it should be as easy as texting a photo. If apple put the thought into productivity that they waste on stupid **** like emoji's this would be a much better phone.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site

Mail is fairly simple. Sending the document as a text is a PITA. As I posted earlier, I dont have a text option when I open the PDF. I have now found a way to do it but logically it should be as easy as texting a photo. If apple put the thought into productivity that they waste on stupid **** like emoji's this would be a much better phone.

What version of iOS are you using and what device model?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Where are you opening the pdf? In mail? Somewhere else? Did you create the pdf, or one from somewhere else?
Are you saying when you open a pdf in mail, there's no share sheet? Or when you tap the share arrow in the bottom left, it doesn't show messages as an option? Have you tried scrolling the option choices to the left? It's there for everyone else. Show a screenshot of your share sheet you get on a pdf.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site

I don’t understand. When I open a pdf I have saved, there is most certainly an option to send with iMessage. What exact device and OS version are you using?

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

/s

So I'm a nobody? As well as countless amount of other Apple users. People have been requesting a dark mode since...I can remember (LOL)

xtremeled

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
When I opened in mail it didnt offer the option to send in a message. I could mail it or I could print it. I wanted to do neither. I simply wanted to send it in message form. I guess to me its counter intuitive. start a message add an attachment and send it. While I do see that I was obviously doing it wrong, I half expected that if i want to add an attachment, I need a message to attach it to. Kinda like the wail mail works. You start an email and add an attachment. I start a message and I want to attach a PDF. I'll go back to an earlier comment. If Apple put the energy into productivity that they put into emoji's, It would be a better device

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
When I opened in mail it didnt offer the option to send in a message. I could mail it or I could print it. I wanted to do neither. I simply wanted to send it in message form. I guess to me its counter intuitive. start a message add an attachment and send it. While I do see that I was obviously doing it wrong, I half expected that if i want to add an attachment, I need a message to attach it to. Kinda like the wail mail works. You start an email and add an attachment. I start a message and I want to attach a PDF. I'll go back to an earlier comment. If Apple put the energy into productivity that they put into emoji's, It would be a better device

You can attach a PDF to a message from within the Messages app also. If, the PDF is available from one of the many cloud storage apps that have a plugin for the Messages app, you are good to go.

43c9955fdc3d309fd0b1edf875227abe.jpg

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh