Then is probably won't help.

Just opened a PDF from iCloud (where I store everything) and hit the share icon:

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...d343466d57.jpg

Lots of options there including iMessage. And it works as I'm flooding friends and coworkers with test messages.
    Right!! I think we’re all just trying to help & give options because we don’t know where the OP is trying to send a PDF from. I digress🤷🏾*♀️
    Annie_8plus likes this.
    08-24-2018 01:09 PM
    So, while everyone here says this is easy and they have no problem. Here is the problem when you send a PDF via iMessage( another iPhone) it does work. In case it's only me that has noticed, Android has more phones in the market and while you can text via iMessage (really sms) you cant send a PDF. verified this thru apple because it just doesn't work. I didn't notice I was sending it to an Android phone. One of those weird things that's really annoying. Like being sucked into a group text and the person who started the text has an Android phone. If it was started with an iPhone you can remove yourself. If it's started with an Android you have to ask to be removed.
    09-10-2018 05:42 PM
    So, while everyone here says this is easy and they have no problem. Here is the problem when you send a PDF via iMessage( another iPhone) it does work. In case it's only me that has noticed, Android has more phones in the market and while you can text via iMessage (really sms) you cant send a PDF. verified this thru apple because it just doesn't work. I didn't notice I was sending it to an Android phone. One of those weird things that's really annoying. Like being sucked into a group text and the person who started the text has an Android phone. If it was started with an iPhone you can remove yourself. If it's started with an Android you have to ask to be removed.
    You would need to send an attachment as MMS. SMS doesn’t allow for attachments. Apple’s iMessage works with SMS and MMS just fine.

Edit: I just sent a test PDF to my Friend’s Android phone just fine and vice versa.
    09-10-2018 07:31 PM
    You would need to send an attachment as MMS. SMS doesn’t allow for attachments. Apple’s iMessage works with SMS and MMS just fine.

Edit: I just sent a test PDF to my Friend’s Android phone just fine and vice versa.
    well, I was on the phone with Apple and went thru 4-5 levels of we can help you . I have three iPhones on hand and it worked everytime. sent it to my brothers Android, failed to send. sent it to a friends Android , failed to send. whatever is stopping it, Apple and I cant figure it out
    09-10-2018 08:23 PM
    well, I was on the phone with Apple and went thru 4-5 levels of we can help you . I have three iPhones on hand and it worked everytime. sent it to my brothers Android, failed to send. sent it to a friends Android , failed to send. whatever is stopping it, Apple and I cant figure it out
    Not all phone companies use the same system for SMS and MMS. There are lots of interoperability problems with text messages between phone companies. It could be on your friend’s end.
    09-11-2018 03:07 PM
    Not all phone companies use the same system for SMS and MMS. There are lots of interoperability problems with text messages between phone companies. It could be on your friend’s end.
    No, it’s Apples fault.
    If any OS didn’t fit my needs I would switch. I’ve done it before and will probably do it again. Why complain?

You are correct. Much of this has to with the carrier also. Lots of variables.
    scruffypig likes this.
    09-11-2018 08:13 PM
    No, it’s Apples fault.
    If any OS didn’t fit my needs I would switch. I’ve done it before and will probably do it again. Why complain?

You are correct. Much of this has to with the carrier also. Lots of variables.
    Used to be that we couldn’t even send SMS messages to friends on other phone companies.
    09-11-2018 08:35 PM
    Used to be that we couldn’t even send SMS messages to friends on other phone companies.
    Yup.
    We want variety but we also want collaboration. Not easy to do every time.
    09-11-2018 08:36 PM
    I was pretty thorough. My Brothers Android is on ATT my carrier. My friend is on... I think T-mobile but he may have switched to Verizon. If Apple couldn't tell me tell me why then it's time to let it go. Not like I didnt try to figure it out
    09-11-2018 09:27 PM
    I was pretty thorough. My Brothers Android is on ATT my carrier. My friend is on... I think T-mobile but he may have switched to Verizon. If Apple couldn't tell me tell me why then it's time to let it go. Not like I didnt try to figure it out
    You should check. There may be file size limits for attachments with MMS messages with certain carriers. It may be better to send as an email.
    09-12-2018 08:07 AM
    Ok, I'm going to play the role of devil's advocate here.

I went back and looked, and until this post, you never mentioned you were sending to an Android device. So in regard to your OP, yes, sending PDF's via iMessage works just fine. I use it every day to send files to friends, family and coworkers.

Now in regard to sending to Android, I have no idea nor am I going to speculate. I'm not here to figure out why my iPhone can't send a PDF to an Android. If that doesn't work, I'll email it. At least that way I have proof I sent the file.

This horse is dead.
    Annie_8plus likes this.
    09-12-2018 08:32 AM
    Ok, I'm going to play the role of devil's advocate here.

I went back and looked, and until this post, you never mentioned you were sending to an Android device. So in regard to your OP, yes, sending PDF's via iMessage works just fine. I use it every day to send files to friends, family and coworkers.

Now in regard to sending to Android, I have no idea nor am I going to speculate. I'm not here to figure out why my iPhone can't send a PDF to an Android. If that doesn't work, I'll email it. At least that way I have proof I sent the file.

This horse is dead.
    Yeah, I didn't know I was sending to an android phone. Fact is, it never even occurred to me to ask. I couldn't tell you with any accuracy how much time in my day is spent pondering the phone choices of other people. There is currently a thread here that asks that very question and I did notice that I am not alone in my thought
    09-12-2018 10:44 AM
62 123