So, what excites you about IOS 12?

Team George

Jul 31, 2009
Visit site
I have been running the public beta and have found it the smoothest, pain-free beta I have ever run. I appreciate that perhaps this IS the thing about IOS 12 - the speed and smoothness increase. But not much else is really wowing me. I like the grouped notifications and the ability to easily turn off the ones from when they appear. How about you? If there is one thing that makes you excited about this release, what is it?

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Running the dev beta on my ‘daily driver.’ Very quick and responsive on my X, and the group notifications are a much welcome feature!

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Not really excited about much so far. I'll be happier when it releases for the general public. I've found a few occasions where I would have enjoyed a group FaceTime call. But aside from that, there isn't much exciting going on for me.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Honestly... Parent GOD mode (AKA Screen Time)

I am already using it to give the kids some awareness on how much they are using their phones ??????

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Put them on the beta... iOS 12 beta is one of the most stable betas to date.

A beta is still a beta. I think around iMore there is this habit of pushing others towards things that aren't generally recommended lol. We should be careful about that. Installing beta software on everything is one of those things, imo.

I run it on mine and I've experienced a few quirky bugs. But at the end of the day, I NEED my children's devices to perform. I can deal with potential issues. I don't want them to have to. Case in point, last years iOS 11 beta rendered my brothers iPhone 7 unusable. Requiring a trip to the Apple store where he was told by the Apple reps, "Don't run beta software on your primary/only device". Those recommendations are offered by Apple for a reason, ya know?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
A beta is still a beta. I think around iMore there is this habit of pushing others towards things that aren't generally recommended lol. We should be careful about that. Installing beta software on everything is one of those things, imo.

I run it on mine and I've experienced a few quirky bugs. But at the end of the day, I NEED my children's devices to perform. I can deal with potential issues. I don't want them to have to. Case in point, last years iOS 11 beta rendered my brothers iPhone 7 unusable. Requiring a trip to the Apple store where he was told by the Apple reps, "Don't run beta software on your primary/only device". Those recommendations are offered by Apple for a reason, ya know?

I hear you. I only push those that can have it. With that I mean that I know they’re quite capable of handling minor issues.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
There’s nothing to be too excited about this year but Screen Time and grouped notifications are both really nice features. I was also able to FaceTime my mother yesterday disguised as a poo Animoji which was really nice.
5D127C48-BF27-47AC-BDEE-361F3814E7FB.jpg

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Nothing about iOS 12 excites me in regard to new features. Having said that, I am excited to be running iOS 12 and to experience how smooth and fast the user interface is.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
The fact that it does not feel like hot garbage anymore. IOS 11 had to be some of the worst IOS in recent memory, even on the flagship Iphone X the bugs were ridiculous. Loving IOS 12 and the betas so far.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711