So, what excites you about IOS 12?

Team George

Jul 31, 2009
Visit site
I installed on both my iPads. I’m a little nervous about doing it on the phone. I have an 8- someone twist my arm

I was nervous too... then I just did it and I have to say everything is working fine. That’s not to say that it will be like this for everyone but this beta does seem far closer to the finished article than previous IOS betas.

If you do a proper back up you can always go back to IOS 11.

belodion

May 1, 2015
Visit site
I’ve had it on my 5s for a couple of hours to see whether it will speed the old girl up. I’d compare it side-by-side with my 5s on 11.4.1. except that, well, I don’t have it anymore.
But to answer the thread question, it’s the promised speed increase that most excites me.
I think I’d be happy enough to do it on my daily-driver SE, but don’t feel the need.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Nothing that “excites” me but I’m looking forward to having Google Maps working on CarPlay. I have a vehicle I bought in May equipped with CarPlay so it all of a sudden has become a priority for me.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
On my X not a whole lot other than the new AR memoji type stuff is pretty fun plus any improvements to the portrait mode stuff. However on my 2017 iPad (5th gen with the 6s chip) I'm really excited for the performance boost. It's very noticeable compared to iOS 11.4 on it. Although public beta 3 has been a little "janky" on it but I suspect that's just due to background stuff running collecting things since it's a beta and/or stuff still needs optimizing (beta 1/2 were a lot smoother). The other big thing on my iPad is even though it has a physical home button I can use all of the iPhone X gestures on it and control center/notification locations are now unified with the X.

Also, small but big change to an annoyance since iOS 11 allowed 3D touch to clear all notifications. That never worked on an iPad of course so you had to clear each day individually. Now if you hold for a second it initiates the same behavior as if you did a 3D touch on it and you can clear all notifications at once just like an iPhone 6s or above.

JudyWilliam

Jul 22, 2018
Visit site
I am excited about group face time and improved face ID. It is good thing if I can add two different face ID profiles for my iPhone X. And can't wait for new camera effects too.

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Not a real biggie but using assisted touch instead of an option being multitasking the option changed to app.switcher.
52ba059eef3c997e8b394e29301e733f.jpg

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The more I use iOS 12, the more I appreciate the refinements that Apple made therein.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2