Will Apple Ever Combine Calendar, Mail & Reminders Into One App?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I've been saying for years that I wish Apple would combine Calendar, Mail and Reminders into one app, especially on the iPhone. Do you think they'll ever do it?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I've been saying for years that I wish Apple would combine Calendar, Mail and Reminders into one app, especially on the iPhone. Do you think they'll ever do it?

Combining separate apps in one brings more sorrow than solution. I’m content with how it is now.

If all those apps were all in one app, you’d have tabs in tabs and so on. The average Joe would be lost.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Combining separate apps in one brings more sorrow than solution. I’m content with how it is now.

If all those apps were all in one app, you’d have tabs in tabs and so on. The average Joe would be lost.

For work, I tend to use the Outlook app for my email and calendar needs because they are both in a single app with clear icons at the bottom to differentiate the two. For me, it saves a good deal of time to go from one to the other without having to change apps back and forth. There is a demand for it, but how much of a demand, I can't say. Still, I'll continue to use the native apps whether they combine them or not....:cool:

xboxbml

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site

Would be too much like MS....hopefully not.. I like it how it is!.. I use Outlook on work iPhone..native is better!

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site

I can see calendars and reminders combined into one app, though Mail, I like as it is. I have too many email accounts and don’t want them cluttering up my calendar.

iknrisms

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Probably not Mail but reminders and calendar is a possibility. It could easily just display your reminders, when they’re due, similarly to calendar events now. But I think they’ve separated them as there are people who don’t use the calendar app but love reminders. I think they’ll keep them separate just for this reason (option of choice).

Outlook isn’t bad but it can get confusing for the average user as mentioned above.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
So basically an Outlook app but for iCloud?

I dunno....I guess I'm so used to the way it is now that an "all in one" app would be strange to use. I do have Outlook on my iPhone for work email and really don't like it. Only reason I use it is to keep work and personal separate.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
I can see the practicality of combining Calendar & Reminders, but not Emails.
Having said that, Apple’s Reminders just doesn’t work for me.
I use Things 3 on my iPhone & iPad.
It’s not cheap but an excellent app.
Good Luck

anon(10092459)

Dec 11, 2016
Visit site

I'm going to say yes!

I'm saying yes, because I believe that Apple will move Siri, and other services, to the center of the Apple universe in less than three years. With that, I think they'll refresh the UX/UI and look at ways to make all things more efficient with their current services. This will be one of them.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site

I'd like that. Although I don't use the stock email app. I don't think Apple will ever do it though. Did you submit a suggestion to Apple? You probably did, but thought I'd ask. ;)

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
You’re right. But I pictured the average Joes in my friend circle and they’d definitely not understand it 🤭

Mine too. Especially, my sister, wife, and sister in law. I'd be the one trying to show them how it works. They have enough trouble as it is. My wife refuses to even try using reminders and Calendar.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site

No. Apple has deliberately kept them discrete from the start. I for one was so happy to move to discrete apps after using the POS Outlook app on Windows when I moved to Mac.

Not everyone uses calendars (my wife does not at all; she still uses a paper planner.) Not everyone uses reminders. Many people don't use the stock mail app. I really think it's better to continue to have discrete apps than to have one big thing that tries to do it all. (And anybody who wants a monolithic app can switch to the Outlook app.)

TechnologyTwitt

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm very surprised by the number of replies against this. I'd absolutely love an app that combined all three functions.

Any developers out there???

djrakowski

Trusted Member
Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I have an Office 365 subscription on my home laptop and never use Outlook. It's forced on me at work and I hate it with a passion. Big, slow, bloated, inefficient, way more features than I'd ever use. So no, I don't want them combined on my phone. I wouldn't mind a calendar/reminders integration, though.

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I have an Office 365 subscription on my home laptop and never use Outlook. It's forced on me at work and I hate it with a passion. Big, slow, bloated, inefficient, way more features than I'd ever use. So no, I don't want them combined on my phone. I wouldn't mind a calendar/reminders integration, though.

Outlook is none of those things. It’s actually one of the smaller office apps. Only OneNote is smaller.

Especially on Windows, it’s incredibly swift, with light resource usage. When used with Exchange or Outlook.com, it’s a far better experience than anything Apple has on their devices.

Running Outlook is a lot lighter than running Mail + Calendar + Contacts + Reminders + Notes, etc.

On Windows PCs, Microsoft has a set of native apps comparable to Apple’s, but almost no one with Office 365 uses them over Outlook, which is far superior.

More features than you use doesn’t make them useless. They’re there for a legit reason.

djg21

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site

I use outlook. I have to for work, but it works pretty well on my iPhone and iPad.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77