iOS 12 Dev beta 3

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I’ve yet to experience a single re-spring with any of the iOS 12 betas to this point. My iPhone X runs like a champ and I’m running dev beta 3 as my daily driver. Still, with any beta version, mileage varies. Some have good experiences whereas others do not. With that being said, do “I” think it’s stable enough for daily use? Since “my” experience has been all positive, my answer is a resounding yes.

I had maybe 1 or 2 re-springs on beta 1. Nothing since.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
What is a “re-spring”?

It restarts the iPhone without and looks like this:
a07f6a4a3d1ff31fb148884d5a4fab34.png

gjh1978

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
I can confirm no issues with the following:

-Exchange email notifications using push now work
-GPS worked right after upgrade, no need to restore.
-Twitter no longer freezes/crashes when checking followers.

chefjayhawk

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone experiencing the clear “x” button not working in the Notification Center? Be it clear all or just clearing an individual message group.

gjh1978

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
I can confirm no issues with the following:

-Exchange email notifications using push now work
-GPS worked right after upgrade, no need to restore.
-Twitter no longer freezes/crashes when checking followers.

I retract my exchange email comment, bug still there, deal breaker, back to iOS 11.4 for now.

Aztek13

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Do you guys feel like the beta 3 is stable enough to install it on a device I use daily? I'd like to install it on my IPP. Unfortunately I dont own any devices I do not use on a daily basis...

I’ve had it on my X since it’s release. Nothing’s happened to make me want to revert back. My iPad Air 2 is on 11.4 so I’ve got my bases covered.

Last edited:

Aztek13

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I’ve yet to experience a single re-spring with any of the iOS 12 betas to this point. My iPhone X runs like a champ and I’m running dev beta 3 as my daily driver. Still, with any beta version, mileage varies. Some have good experiences whereas others do not. With that being said, do “I” think it’s stable enough for daily use? Since “my” experience has been all positive, my answer is a resounding yes.

We seem to be having the same experience. I completely agree with you.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Been using an X with my main line exclusively since beta 3 came out. Not really running into any issues so far. Also kinda hard for me to tell anything about battery life since I got charging pads on my desk at work and moved one from my bedside to the TV room where I hang out at home. Since it takes less effort to top off now, battery life isn’t that important.

Westiemom

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I have been checking for updates and just today Beta 2 showed up. I’m wondering why I got 2 so late and why I’m not getting 3.
I have an 8 Plus.
Just got a new iPad and am debating putting 12 on it too.