iOS 12 Public Beta 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Under the albums it shows nothing there is no folders nothing it is completely empty. I for heck of it, completely restored my phone i had nothing important that wasn’t on iTunes backed up. I did fresh installed of his 11.4 then I re downloaded the 12.0 beta before anything else. When I had 11.4 all my photo albums were there. Then when I installed 12.0 I looked under photo albums there was nothing there. No folders or Anything.

No albums at all? Not even those Apple puts on there. The default albums? Or just those you created or that apps created?

Shawn Schrader

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
No albums at all? Not even those Apple puts on there. The default albums? Or just those you created or that apps created?

The default ones by Apple yes sorry but they are empty albums since I restored. Nothing else. But if I go back to main photos page where you can search for photos I type in my nieces name, that photo album shows up with all pictures there. So it shows up when I search but not visible under the albums.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Caved this morning and installing it on my iPhone X now. Definitely noticed the performance boost on my iPad last night for sure. Just opening apps felt snappier (sometimes there's just a bit of lag in animations or whatever and that seemed gone).

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Annnnnnd I'm now impressed. I didn't think an iPhone X could feel any faster/smoother. Apparently I was wrong. Also yeah the not have to tap and hold to swipe off apps now on an X is a nice change. Though, I may have to submit some feedback on it. Seems a bit sensitive either swiping them off or switching to an app when I'm just trying to scroll through them.

rdrum

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
I installed the beta on my iPhone 7 last night and haven't found any issues as of yet. I've been using it pretty heavily since then, which has resulted in faster battery drain. BUT that's due to me, not iOS. So far, I've been impressed with the new "Measure" app as well as the updates to Compass, Calendar, and Photos apps. I'm fairly easy to please, I guess. All of my other third-party apps have been running just fine.

Unlike some folks, my Bank apps have all worked fine and I haven't noticed any issues with GPS - although I haven't given Maps/Wave/Google Maps a good workout yet (that'll be this weekend).

anon(2254645)

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I installed on my iPhone 8 last night and it is great thus far! Only one app didn't work (Untappd, but the company found the bug quickly and has set me up with a beta of the new release), no apparent GPS issues, and CarPlay is fine. The only CarPlay issue I have is when I back up the music stops. After plugging the phone back in, everything returns. Good job Apple!

craigrn16

Jun 8, 2015
Visit site
Is anyone in the public beta having GPS issues? I’m on the dev preview and my GPS will not lock. Just seeing if it’s on the Public as well

bmac360

Jun 27, 2018
Visit site
Every now and again it will completely disconnect, I then have to unplug the light cable from the phone and reconnect it. Also Podcasts will just stop playing and freeze. But I have had this issue from time to time on 11 too, so it could more be an issue with the deck too. Minor overall, so I don't try to make a big deal of it.

wolfee48

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
Is anyone in the public beta having GPS issues? I’m on the dev preview and my GPS will not lock. Just seeing if it’s on the Public as well

Someone on the dev thread said to make sure WiFi is toggled on even if you don’t use. Mine is always toggled on and I have not had any problems.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Just noticed some UI changes on my iPad. Now Control Center/Notifications works like the iPhone X swipe down from the top right for control center and the rest for notifications. Swipe up will act like my X and take me to the home screen or whatever folder I was in. Found it by accident trying to pop up the dock and swiped instead of swipe/hold. Maybe more indication the next iPad's are getting FaceID and the home button is becoming more of an unlock/authentication thing than a navigation tool? You can even do the swipe/hold motion to get the app switcher to come up!

wolfee48

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
Just noticed some UI changes on my iPad. Now Control Center/Notifications works like the iPhone X swipe down from the top right for control center and the rest for notifications. Swipe up will act like my X and take me to the home screen or whatever folder I was in. Found it by accident trying to pop up the dock and swiped instead of swipe/hold. Maybe more indication the next iPad's are getting FaceID and the home button is becoming more of an unlock/authentication thing than a navigation tool? You can even do the swipe/hold motion to get the app switcher to come up!

Same behavior for me too. Didn't realize until your post because I'm familiar with the function on my X.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Same behavior for me too. Didn't realize until your post because I'm familiar with the function on my X.

I see a post from a couple weeks ago now from I think Garz talking about noticing it on the Dev beta. I'm just happy no more forgetting I can't swipe like on my X cause now I can. I love the gestures so this really makes me happy. I have to agree with others this feels really polished already in my limited time with it. Although I've never run an iOS beta before so I have no frame of reference. The closest thing I have to this whole experience is when I was on Android and loading all kinds of customs OS builds and stuff. This kinda brought back some of that excitement with making backups in case something goes wrong and knowing you have to put the device in recovery mode to fix it, getting to try new stuff first, etc.

BearFace712

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Has any noticed a change in color temperature or screen brightness since installing the public beta? I notice it most on the lock screen but I think it's every where. I have some screenshots that show the difference but I can't get them to upload on the mobile site right now.

ncbrzll

May 12, 2018
Visit site
Minor bugs / glitches (or maybe a new feature) I’ve found using iPhone 6s Plus.

-Weird animation opening Clock and Reminders App. (Reminders app goes black on the first time opening it).

- Status bar icons disappeared. Had to reboot the phone.

- There’s this Youtube and Apple Music notification where it stays on the notification center after I played videos/music from both apps.

- I know you encountered (or maybe) these bugs too
Bluetooth icon disappeared. No Youtube and Twitter notifications.

That’s it for now. Share your findings too.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Minor bugs / glitches (or maybe a new feature) I’ve found using iPhone 6s Plus.

-Weird animation opening Clock and Reminders App. (Reminders app goes black on the first time opening it).

- Status bar icons disappeared. Had to reboot the phone.

- There’s this Youtube and Apple Music notification where it stays on the notification center after I played videos/music from both apps.

- I know you encountered (or maybe) these bugs too
Bluetooth icon disappeared. No Youtube and Twitter notifications.

That’s it for now. Share your findings too.

Can you describe the animation bugs your seeing? I just opened both those apps and don't see anything weird on an iPhone X. Same on a 5th Gen iPad that uses the same processor as your phone.

ncbrzll

May 12, 2018
Visit site
Can you describe the animation bugs your seeing? I just opened both those apps and don't see anything weird on an iPhone X. Same on a 5th Gen iPad that uses the same processor as your phone.

Maybe it’s just me. But on the clock app. I see like it’s zooming before actually opening. And the Reminders. It’s actually there. I clear it from app switcher then open it again and it goes black for a sec then opens. I know it doesn’t behave like that on 11.4

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Anyone tried on a 6 plus? Hoping it will speed my phone back up some like it was on iOS 10. 11 has been pretty buggy for me over the whole time, but I know upgrading to one of the last os has historically slowed my iphones way down (ios7 on my iPhone 4 was atrocious) so kinda torn on what I want to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen