iOS 12 Public Beta 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

anon(6014961)

May 31, 2014
Visit site
Just installed, so far only problem is the sim unlock prompt doesn’t show when restarting phone so I have to go in to settings > phone to unlock sim. The settings app was also missing until I restarted once after the update All my apps are working as they should, so far.

iPhone X

Shawn Schrader

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
i dont know if this is ios 12 related or not. Ever since I installed the beta, ios 11.4 was KILLING my battery. All of my photos are gone, and my music gone as well. I got music back sync over the icloud. But my photos iTunes says is transferring but, they never actually get on the phone, im so confused ?

zulu1128

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
Pretty solid so far IMO.

Push mail is a little wonky, but not terrible.

Stacked notifications are very cool, but my favorite new addition is finally rendering HTML mail on a 3dTouch notification press. I won't miss the wall of links with text speckled between the lines.

Shawn Schrader

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
so am I missing something ? I checked forums with search. my photos show up under all photos kinda mix matched together but they don't show under the albums ?

JesseW10817

Jun 26, 2018
Visit site
Downloaded iOS 12 beta last night before bed.

Had some issues this morning with iMessage sending through my email and not my phone number. Through the suggestion of previous members, I turned off iMessage logged out of iCloud and rebooted my phone. Once I signed back in it would just as expected again.

Still playing around and getting a feel. Certainly feels quicker, time will tell if the number of apps/webpages I run slows it down at all. Loving the stacked notifications. Makes looking at my phone after work less intimidating.

Anyone had any luck with Siri Shortcuts?

jayzero76

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
i did not have a lot apps i am using on my iphone. app store i noticed unavailable sometimes. GPS did see any problems. battery drops down fast but it could be i try different things so use my iphone more.

Shawn Schrader

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
They should. Are they not arranged the same as in the below photo?

View attachment 123389

Under All Photos they are there. But when I press Albums, nothing is there. And if I go back main photos page I can search for photo album. Its there as search result. I gave up and only thing I could figure out do as work around is make ANOTHER like copy of the photo album so now there is two of each one. I dunno whats going on I was hoping someone else had same issue. To recap under All Photos they are there mixed in together. Under Albums it was empty.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Under All Photos they are there. But when I press Albums, nothing is there. And if I go back main photos page I can search for photo album. Its there as search result. I gave up and only thing I could figure out do as work around is make ANOTHER like copy of the photo album so now there is two of each one. I dunno whats going on I was hoping someone else had same issue. To recap under All Photos they are there mixed in together. Under Albums it was empty.

Are you saying it shows album titles, but they're empty? Or nothing at all?

duckduckgoose

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
I downloaded OS12 last night but got an error message saying it couldn’t be loaded. It gave me the options of try again or remind me later. Try again didn’t do anything and gave me the same two options again. Anyone else have trouble installing? And any advice on how to get past this?

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Installed fine on my 5th gen iPad. No issues. iMessage told me I was using a different address than signed up with and I found I just had to set it back to my phone number from email. I turned it off and on for good measure too. Only annoyance so far was it stuffing new apps in the middle of my nice clean layout and having to move them. Now I'm thinking of doing it on my iPhone X as well. I put the beta profile on it but haven't told it to download the update yet

Shawn Schrader

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Are you saying it shows album titles, but they're empty? Or nothing at all?

Under the albums it shows nothing there is no folders nothing it is completely empty. I for heck of it, completely restored my phone i had nothing important that wasn’t on iTunes backed up. I did fresh installed of his 11.4 then I re downloaded the 12.0 beta before anything else. When I had 11.4 all my photo albums were there. Then when I installed 12.0 I looked under photo albums there was nothing there. No folders or Anything.

bmac360

Jun 27, 2018
Visit site
I decided to install on my 7, and at this point really no issues. Even though it is the 1st beta, this is less buggy than the official release of 11.0, granted that is not saying much. My phone is used for communications - talk, text, email so I have very few apps on it at this time. I would assume that because of this it is limiting other bugs.

Only issue I have seen is Car Play, but it is the same issues that I had with 11.3 and 11.4 but I will give feedback to Apple on that.

Overall this is night and day different than 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro