iOS 12 Developer Beta 1

dejanh

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
Some glitches have started to show up for me in the past few days. One instance I wasn't able to go back to the call in progress screen by tapping the green bar in the top ight corner. Another issue that has happened about 3-4 times now is an inability to clear lockscreen notifications. Tapping clear makes no difference. I have also been experiencing sporadic failure of the GPS to lock on properly and sometimes in navigation Maps refuse to go into perspective view and instead stay in a top-down view.

kazp3r17

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Some glitches have started to show up for me in the past few days. One instance I wasn't able to go back to the call in progress screen by tapping the green bar in the top ight corner.

I experience this with every call. Usually results in a complete phone freeze when I talked more than 5 times, then ending the call or gives call failure.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I experience this with every call. Usually results in a complete phone freeze when I talked more than 5 times, then ending the call or gives call failure.

I would suggest reinstalling the beta because I've not experienced any of those things.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
The beta has been treating me very good. Maps is flawless, gestures and everything is still snappy, & notifications are more manageable now that they are stacked again. The only issue I’ve encountered was not being able to close FaceTime after the call ended...had to do a hard reboot. Other than that I haven’t noticed any issues.

I had the same issue with FaceTime. It was stuck on lol.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I had this problem. Found out the solution.

Do an encrypted backup in iTunes.
Download restore image from apple developer site
Restore iPhone using DFU mode.

After I did this, my GPS locked on with zero issues.

He doesn’t know how to do those.

Most importantly, I will see if beta 2 fixes it. Until then I have many other phones if need arises for me to use Maps :)

Just to be clear, Tartarus' comment is in a joking manner as I do not bother with restoring/reinstalling betas. In this case the only real issue I have is GPS, but I have my work phone that can handle navigation until the next beta release.

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Checked Netflix and it's working for me now.

7a02a4acfc96203b546b055ba8cac2f8.png

gjh1978

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
Just to be clear, Tartarus' comment is in a joking manner as I do not bother with restoring/reinstalling betas. In this case the only real issue I have is GPS, but I have my work phone that can handle navigation until the next beta release.

Why wouldn’t you restore/reinstall a beta that would take literally 30 minutes of your time, fixing the specific issue you have? I don’t get it...

On a side note, I think I’m done doing OTA updates. Too much hassle and buggy. I’m going back to downloading the file and updating manually & cleanly.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Why wouldn’t you restore/reinstall a beta that would take literally 30 minutes of your time, fixing the specific issue you have? I don’t get it...

On a side note, I think I’m done doing OTA updates. Too much hassle and buggy. I’m going back to downloading the file and updating manually & cleanly.

It’s not the reinstall of the beta that’s hard it’s everything else. All the apps, logins, authorizations, etc

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner