iOS 12 Developer Beta 1

RECON1

May 12, 2012
Visit site
If you mean choosing a picture from your photo album, you have to hit the photo app icon from the app drawer.
9d3249851b8e0d78863d259313ec836d.jpg

Oops. Sorry, that was supposed to be in reply to the previous post. Still waking up...

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
This is what an iOS 12 HEIC file format image looks like when shared on iMessage to an iPhone on iOS 10. And it can not be opened.
54c056b67329f0e9bc74f1d4f30aa15a.jpg

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Sorry if someone commented on this already, but I picked up my phone, for the first time this morning, & got this lovely message. Not sure what caused it, but this is the first time I’m seeing it. Been on the beta since it was released.

760c49397eaaf201acb5710588900d1e.jpg

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
They mean from Messages, not from photos. in Messages you tap the camera and get the option to take a new pic or add from photos. Seems that's now in a separate spot.

Oh okay. When I enter a recipient and then select the camera icon from within the Messages app, my camera activates to take a photo. The option to add photos I’ve already taken is now in the section where you select gifs, Animoji’s, etcetera.

I’ve always sent photos from within the Photos app so nothing changes for me in that regard.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm really starting to believe it's because I use mostly stock apps that I don't have a lot of the problems others are experiencing with these Betas. .

I don’t see the connection there but who knows. Nonetheless, a restore and set up as new resolved my YouTube issue. It needed to be done anyway.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don’t see the connection there but who knows. Nonetheless, a restore and set up as new resolved my YouTube issue. It needed to be done anyway.

See. That’s why I’m a huge fan of restoring and then setting up as new.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
See. That’s why I’m a huge fan of restoring and then setting up as new.

I am too. I was just feeling lazy the other day.

I have yet to experience craziness with this beta, but I, too, will set up as new as soon as I feel the need to.

Maybe the reason I don’t have any bugs lies in the fact that I stopped restoring with iTunes but instead do iCloud restores. I have the feeling some bugs don’t carry over to the cloud. But I may be wrong.

Luiz Brunner

May 23, 2015
Visit site
GPS is indeed a little funky, taking long for an app like Waze to connect to GPS, to actually acquire signal and to center my position. It works but not as it should.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I have yet to experience craziness with this beta, but I, too, will set up as new as soon as I feel the need to.

Maybe the reason I don’t have any bugs lies in the fact that I stopped restoring with iTunes but instead do iCloud restores. I have the feeling some bugs don’t carry over to the cloud. But I may be wrong.

Restoring as new anytime a new OS is not needed. Beta or not. Restores only fixes stuff that worked but now broke. It doesn’t fix bugs. If some people here have the patience to do it with every beta or update, by all means let them. But Apple didn’t design updates that it needs restores. Whatever floats peoples boats I guess.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Restoring as new anytime a new OS is not needed. Beta or not. Restores only fixes stuff that worked but now broke. It doesn’t fix bugs. If some people here have the patience to do it with every beta or update, by all means let them. But Apple didn’t design updates that it needs restores. Whatever floats peoples boats I guess.

You should indeed not need to do a fresh install every time a major update is released. But over time many small stuff can add up to your phone being buggy.

Nobody nowhere in this thread claimed that bugs that come with a certain release will be fixed by doing a fresh install.

All that is said is that it helps to fix aforementioned stuff that made your iPhone act up.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods