do not disturb

Craig Schober

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
How do I enable 'do not disturb' only for incoming phone calls except for my contacts? iOS treats notifications and phone calls as the same thing so I cannot stop incoming calls from everyone without also stopping notifications and messages too.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
From the article above:

From here, you can select from the following options:
*Everyone: Allows calls from everyone on your contacts list.
*No One: Allows calls from no one.
*Favorites: Allows calls from contacts in your Favorites list.
*Groups: A specific group of contacts.

So you can either (a) make a specific group and add those people in that group. or (b) just favorite the contacts you want to be able to reach you with DND enabled. That's the way I have mine set up. Only my wife, son and father-in-law are favorited so when DND is on, they are the only ones who I get notifications from.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
From the article above:

So you can either (a) make a specific group and add those people in that group. or (b) just favorite the contacts you want to be able to reach you with DND enabled. That's the way I have mine set up. Only my wife, son and father-in-law are favorited so when DND is on, they are the only ones who I get notifications from.

I also have mine set up like this

Along with a scheduled over night DND as well as a handy DND till I Leave Shortcut for when I’m somewhere I don’t want to be bothered works well for me

https://www.icloud.com/shortcuts/5c6bd5fdf52b4862a3c0ea7a03596d32