Whenever I try to erase all emails from “all trash” folder, they keep returning.
    If I select some of them and try to delete them, everything goes wrong well.
    Anyone else having the same problem?
    I am using yahoo accounts.
    09-08-2018 10:21 AM
    I have not been having any issues with the native Mail app on my iPhone X, but I’m running the latest dev beta of iOS 12. With that in mind, I moved some archived items to the trash folder in my Yahoo mail account and then deleted them. I selected the inbox, waited a moment and then deselected the trash folder. The deleted items are still gone.
    09-08-2018 10:31 AM
    Thank you for trying. Did you try deleting by selecting them one by one and the you pressed delete? Or did you try by pressing the Delete All button?
    09-09-2018 02:13 AM
    I just tried it again and at first it happened again. At the second try it took a little time and then it was finally completed. What I experienced is that when you press “Delete All” it immediately shows the trash folder as empty. But after a while if you exit the folder and return to it, you find it full again. My try was with more than 100 Yahoo emails. So maybe it has to do with the volume or with Yahoo. All tries where attempted with the same WiFi connection. Anyhow, your effort and time is highly appreciated!
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    09-09-2018 02:21 AM
    First, I never delete mail from the deleted folder, since every mail server generally has a rule to automatically delete them after a certain period of time.

But, in this particular case, if you feel that you must do this, I’d strongly suggest installing the Yahoo Mail client, which has a delete all trash button right in the client. (There is also one for the spam folder.) Even if you never use it for reading mail traditionally, and only to delete all messages, it is probably the best idea.

As for why the mail app would do this, it probably is sending delete commands individually for every mail piece that you have selected, and either the server throttles the number of commands it will receive or it just takes a long time to actually delete - or there could be a misconfiguration in the Yahoo IMAP server that just moves the mail right back to the trash folder. I say that because I just deleted all the trash from another IMAP server on my phone and it worked perfectly - none of the mail came back. So, I’d say it’s unlikely to be a big in the mail app on iOS, since it doesn’t replicate to another mail server.
    09-09-2018 08:02 AM
    Thank you for trying. Did you try deleting by selecting them one by one and the you pressed delete? Or did you try by pressing the Delete All button?
    Delete All
    09-09-2018 08:21 AM
    I just tried it again and at first it happened again. At the second try it took a little time and then it was finally completed. What I experienced is that when you press “Delete All” it immediately shows the trash folder as empty. But after a while if you exit the folder and return to it, you find it full again. My try was with more than 100 Yahoo emails. So maybe it has to do with the volume or with Yahoo. All tries where attempted with the same WiFi connection. Anyhow, your effort and time is highly appreciated!
    More than likely, it needs a few seconds to sync with Yahoo’s mail server.
    09-09-2018 08:22 AM
    Thank you
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    09-09-2018 09:21 AM
    Thank you
    You’re very welcome...
    09-09-2018 10:15 AM