Things You should Know About iOS 11.4.1 Before Install it

JudyWilliam

Jul 22, 2018
Visit site
Apple has released iOS 11.4.1 software version for public users. If you are an iPhone, iPad, iPod touch users you should know all the pros and cons related to this latest iOS version before installing it. Here I am giving you important information about 11.4.1 software update.

:no:first thing you should know about this update is, it is not included many new features as you expected. iOS 11.4.1 seems like a much secure update with lots of bug fixes for lingering iOS11 problems. It has a lot of security features and only a few new features.

:no:Don't expect iOS 11.4.1 just like iOS 11.4 because as mentioned it only includes security fixes, patches and hood improvements for your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch devices.

Applications

:yes:Safari, calendar, Maps like first-party apps are stable.
:yes:Twitter, Gmail, Chrome-like core apps are also working fine.
Connectivity

:yes:Wi-fi is fast and stable
:yes:Battery life is just like the previouse version for all iDevices.
:yes:Cellular data and GPS working fine.

iOS 11.4.1 Installation Procedure

• Try to connect to a high-speed Wi-fi network for installation because it only takes few minutes if you do that way.
  • For the normal iOS device, it will take about three minutes to compete. But it took six minutes from start to finish for my iPhone X.
  • Using an older iOS version? Then it will take longer download time to forget all the features, patches and fixes from previous iOS versions.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
This is old news. We're already headed for iOS 12, and not many are even thinking about 11.4.1 anymore.

iOS 12 is the current buzz, not 11.4.1.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore Judy and thanks for your assessment on iOS 11.4.1 and how to install an update. May I suggest you get to know the forum and feel free to join in on the different threads and conversations.There are a lot of experienced and long time Apple  users on site. May I ask which Apple  device(s) you're currently using? Thanks for joining and enjoy the forum.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm more interested in why you have "Thumbs Down" icons next to the security feature inclusions that are a part of the 11.4.1 update. Why would that be a con? Security patches and updates should always be a mark in the pro column. Do you want insecure devices running around?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2