• 00Days
  • 00Hours
  • 00Mins
  • 00Secs
Check out the best deals!
    When I use a 3rd party keyboard I can use it all across the system and all apps. But if I get a text and reply from the lock screen, the keyboard switches back to the standard keyboard while replying. But when I unlock the phone and go to use the keyboard again it reverts back to the 3rd party board. I have allowed “full access”.
    07-11-2018 02:19 PM
    Which third party keyboard are you using? Which iOS are you currently running? Which Apple device are you using? I actually use Swiftkey as my primary keyboard on my 7 Plus with iOS 11.4.1 installed and I do not have this particular problem except when I have to use a password, then it reverts back to the more secure Apple Keyboard.
    07-11-2018 03:32 PM
    Which third party keyboard are you using? Which iOS are you currently running? Which Apple device are you using? I actually use Swiftkey as my primary keyboard on my 7 Plus with iOS 11.4.1 installed and I do not have this particular problem except when I have to use a password, then it reverts back to the more secure Apple Keyboard.
    iPhone 7 iOS 11.4. And I was using SwiftKey.
    07-11-2018 04:22 PM
    iPhone 7 iOS 11.4. And I was using SwiftKey.
    Just doubled checked with a recent iMessage on my lock screen notification and it went straight to my Swiftkey keyboard. Maybe a reboot or app delete and reinstall might help.
    07-11-2018 07:19 PM
    Just doubled checked with a recent iMessage on my lock screen notification and it went straight to my Swiftkey keyboard. Maybe a reboot or app delete and reinstall might help.
    Ill try it! Thanks a lot
    07-11-2018 07:55 PM
    I actually deleted the stock keyboard to prevent a lot of this, however as a security measure it still ( the stock kb) comes up for entry of passwords. I've used SwiftKey since it's been available ( for iOS) and have had few problems with it......🤞
    Just_Me_D, porier91 and Spencerdl like this.
    07-12-2018 06:50 AM
    I actually deleted the stock keyboard to prevent a lot of this, however as a security measure it still ( the stock kb) comes up for entry of passwords. I've used SwiftKey since it's been available ( for iOS) and have had few problems with it......🤞
    I just deleted it. Thanks for the tip!!
    07-12-2018 07:41 PM
    I still must be missing something. I deleted the actual keyboard and used the Gboard for a few mins and still while on the lock screen replying to a text the standard keyboard pops up.
    07-13-2018 05:41 PM
    Settings > General > Keyboard > Keyboards; ensure that the keyboard you want to use is first on the list. Hit Edit at the top and then drag the one you want to the top.
    07-14-2018 03:17 AM
    Is this only for Apple passwords? I’m using Gboard and it does not do this for apps and websites. I need to manually switch to the stock keyboard to enter passwords as my suggested passwords don’t display at the top while using Gboard.
    07-14-2018 08:36 PM
    So I did some googling and it turns out if you have “rest finger” option turned on when you unlock your phone it will only let you use the stock iOS keyboard. But if you turn off “rest finger” when unlocking your phone, you have to rest your finger before pressing the home button to use a 3rd party keyboard on the lock screen to reply to a text...
    07-15-2018 09:37 AM
    So I did some googling and it turns out if you have “rest finger” option turned on when you unlock your phone it will only let you use the stock iOS keyboard. But if you turn off “rest finger” when unlocking your phone, you have to rest your finger before pressing the home button to use a 3rd party keyboard on the lock screen to reply to a text...
    I have always had 'rest finger' enabled and have never had that behaviour so someone has led you astray....also to the mention of GBoard, I tried it & wasn't really impressed with its appearance or performance so went back to SwiftKey. It's actions however ( stock keyboard presented for passwords) is/was the same as SwiftKey
    07-15-2018 10:10 AM
    Is this only for Apple passwords? I’m using Gboard and it does not do this for apps and websites. I need to manually switch to the stock keyboard to enter passwords as my suggested passwords don’t display at the top while using Gboard.
    Both SwiftKey & GBoard ( in my experience) performed the same way, simply presenting the stock keyboard for any password entry. (even with the stock keyboard ' deleted' it remained dormant until & unless needed - for passwords)
    Last edited by dmoskaluk; 07-15-2018 at 02:25 PM.
    07-15-2018 10:12 AM