Sell Your Old iPhone For Cash!

What's my iPhone worth?
    The official iOS 11.4.1 is out.
    07-09-2018 02:10 PM
    SOB you are right! I didn't see it on my device, as they haven't force feed it YET, BUT it is there if you select Software Update under General.
    Tartarus likes this.
    07-09-2018 03:52 PM
    Installing now...
    07-09-2018 04:10 PM
    Thanks for the tip, sir.
    07-09-2018 04:35 PM
    Email is now syncing better
    07-09-2018 05:36 PM
    Thanks! Installing on my iPhone 8 now.
    07-09-2018 08:44 PM
    No! My internet is down. Can’t update.
    07-09-2018 09:13 PM
    Downloaded and installed without issue earlier this afternoon !
    07-09-2018 09:23 PM
    Installed when I got home from work tonight. Good so far.
    07-09-2018 09:48 PM
    Now time for you guys to load iOS 12
    carrickfergus and ladyc0524 like this.
    07-09-2018 11:34 PM
    To be honest, I haven't really noticed a difference on my iPad
    07-10-2018 09:48 AM
    I'll have to install tonight also, UNLESS I get clever. It requires WiFi, BUT if I really want I can turn my OP6 in to a hotspot. Don't want to waste the data, as that plan (Mint Mobile) only has 10Gs per month. Of course the month DID just start!
    Tartarus likes this.
    07-10-2018 10:38 AM
    Thanks for the information, haven't noticed that it was avaliable
    07-10-2018 11:44 AM
    Downloading went smooth .
    07-10-2018 02:09 PM
    Quickest iOS update I think I've ever seen!
    07-10-2018 06:36 PM
    I went from iOS 10.3.3 to 11.4.1 in what seemed like a matter of minutes. It was indeed a very quick download, maybe the fastest I've ever seen as well.
    07-11-2018 07:36 AM
    I went from iOS 10.3.3 to 11.4.1 in what seemed like a matter of minutes. It was indeed a very quick download, maybe the fastest I've ever seen as well.
    You finally bit the bullet eh?
    07-11-2018 07:54 AM
    You finally bit the bullet eh?
    LOL...Yeah
    07-11-2018 08:02 AM
    DAMN! I forgot, AGAIN to do the update last night on my WiFi! lol
    07-11-2018 09:09 AM
    Update ( iOS 11.4.1) done on all 4 devices.
    I'd be hard pressed to say that the update was 'really quick' as indicated earlier in this thread, but it hadn't yet dropped and auto downloaded yet on any ( maybe being in the 'take your time' tropics is a factor 🤪). I did them separately one after another & was at it just over 90 min....The download - at the 'preparing update' stage was markedly slower than when in the past I'd done this before an update had dropped and presented itself -the process itself about normal. Admittedly too,my wife's iPad Air 2 and my Mini 4 while not geriatric, aren't exactly 'new kids on the block', and the phones were somewhat faster ( my 7Plus & her 8Plus) So far all appears well though. I'm figuring this is the last of iOS11 updating.
    Updates OTA on home Wifi, 38Mbps Down, 16 up....
    Last edited by dmoskaluk; 07-15-2018 at 04:53 PM.
    07-15-2018 03:55 PM
    All devices ( 2 iPhones, 2 iPads have good or better battery life than pre-update, and are working very well.
    Now don't get me into a Total Rant with respect to the way the 'Anti-Law Enforcement' security protocols have been presented. I have no problem with the concept BUT the idea of it defaulting to 'on' and having the switching ( green for OFF) is confusing to say the least and devious as well. IMHO ( as a Canadian born , now living in the Caribbean , maybe I breathe different air and have a different perspective than my US contemporaries, but a good chunk of my ethic and scruple says to co-operate with the system in place to protect us. If I should choose to enable the feature fine, but it should be a conscious action with an 'on & off' switch which both says and means 'on & off' - Having worked through the life of an international airline pilot, flying predominantly trans- border routes post 9-1-1 ( /) I am quite familiar with distrust in any way it's presented. If ever asked, to this date, for an entry code to a device, by police, immigration, or customs authority of any country I would dare to be in, I'll comply with something like 'fill your boots' or a phrase indicating I will comply without question. Like I said, Just don't get me going........The worry about a crook stealing, or my losing a device is on me and not as big a factor as a display of non-co-operation with any investigation of contents which I accept responsibility for.
    Last edited by dmoskaluk; 07-17-2018 at 08:20 AM.
    07-17-2018 07:38 AM
    Now don't get me into a Total Rant with respect to the way the 'Anti-Law Enforcement' security protocols have been presented. I have no problem with the concept BUT the idea of it defaulting to 'on' and having the switching ( green for OFF) is confusing to say the least and devious as well.
    In case it's not clear, the default, on, behavior is consistent with the way the iPhone has always worked. With the switch (Settings / Face ID/TouchID & Passcode / USB Accessories, under "Allow access when locked") turned off, which is not the default, then any USB data connection to accessories or to iTunes will not work after the phone has been locked for an hour; it works again after you unlock the phone.

So, if you just leave it on the default, on, position, it will work as it always has and you can continue to cooperate with law enforcement agents who want to connect to your phone. (But you can still do that with that setting turned off by unlocking your phone for them.)
    07-17-2018 09:30 AM
    I understand how it works and it's not the philosophy which I take issue with. Which side of fence one sits on ( pro or against access by the law) is a 'Not my Circus, Not my Monkeys' issue for me, but the 'switchery' involved is different. Case in point is/was a feature introduced several years ( & iOS's) ago called 'WiFi Assist' which may ( or may not) have been a benefit to either the user ( if one had lots of affordable data & was in 'shakey' Wifi territory) OR to Apple, who gained because the product worked better, albeit at a $ cost to the user, and to the service provider, who sold more data....As I said, Not my............
    But when it was introduced, WiFi assist was defaulted ON , and had to be disabled if not desired... It was Green when on, and not so when switched off. I don't see the new inhibiting of the USB access any differently, ie could it not have been - if you wish it to close after an hour, you must turn the protection ( at any time) on and get a green switch. As it is, if you wish to disable this new function, you get the green and the default ( the feature enabled) being 'off'...... I don't know if there are factors of 'political correctness' at work here and if so, whose politics.
    With the mechanics of this switchery, it seems a hush hush as to where Apple stands but it's their outfit. My 'former world' of airline flying involved LOTS OF switchery, with a constant effort over the years to get consistency, ie a given switch /system, be it Boeing, Airbus, Lockheed or whoever else, & if regulated by FAA, Transport Canada, or any other National regulator,certainly supported any effort to eliminate confusion if & where possible. That's my point, NOT whether I feels it's OK to let authorities into stuff which is mine, ergo which I and I alone am responsible for.

Having said that I'm fully aware that Apple ( Corporate, not Technical) would just as soon keep the whole issue and its 'why's & wherefors' out of the limelight, off the radar and away from as much as possible of the press. This why it would have been better to do it properly from the beginning......
    Last edited by dmoskaluk; 07-17-2018 at 01:36 PM.
    07-17-2018 12:50 PM
    But when it was introduced, WiFi assist was defaulted ON , and had to be disabled if not desired... It was Green when on, and not so when switched off. I don't see the new inhibiting of the USB access any differently, ie could it not have been - if you wish it to close after an hour, you must turn the protection ( at any time) on and get a green switch. As it is, if you wish to disable this new function, you get the green and the default ( the feature enabled) being 'off'...... I don't know if there are factors of 'political correctness' at work here and if so, whose politics.
    You have it backwards. When the USB Accessories setting is on, which it is by default, that means that the phone continues to work as it always did on iOS 11.4 and earlier - USB accessories continue to work even if the phone has been locked for over an hour. The new functionality that lets you hide the USB port from data accessories after the phone has been locked for an hour requires you to turn the switch off, not on.

When the switch in on the default ON position:

"Turn off to prevent USB accessories from connecting when your iPhone has been locked for more than an hour."

When the switch is on the non-default OFF position:

"Unlock iPhone to allow USB accessories to connect when it has been more than an hour since your iPhone was locked."
    07-17-2018 01:47 PM
    I don't like using links on forums but do have a gander here....semantics can be tricky...so be careful....time will probably tell...

https://www.theverge.com/2018/7/10/1...o-use-security

That link ( the verge.com) was one of several which leaned towards my interpretation ( as was Forbes, but I normally find them simply too negative about anything to be credible) Where they said 'Apple wants' I read between the lines that Apple wants the whole issue to quietly go away, which is why the low key approach. But to me 'green' means on, which means 'enabled' which means 'active' which doesn't seem the case here....
    07-17-2018 01:58 PM
48 12