If I'm reading the problem correctly, you have rules created in Outlook server side to filter incoming mail to folders and you want to be notified when a new email comes into the folder?

I have a similar setup and the iPhone mail app supports notifications for folders (this seems to be broken in the ios12 beta but worked perfectly in ios11)

Let me know if you haven't found out how to do this already and I can share how to enable this
    09-11-2018 10:26 AM
    Ah. Thanks for that.

And thanks for that, Apple. The list of things my BlackBerry does that my iPhone X doesn't is quite interesting. I'll save my rant about Apple's arrogance for later.
    it took Apple 10 years to get gestures. Patience please
    09-11-2018 02:18 PM
    Yup, already did. I think Apple is too interested in building out Animoji than making the email experience better.
    You hit the nail on the head!
    09-11-2018 02:22 PM
    If I'm reading the problem correctly, you have rules created in Outlook server side to filter incoming mail to folders and you want to be notified when a new email comes into the folder?

I have a similar setup and the iPhone mail app supports notifications for folders (this seems to be broken in the ios12 beta but worked perfectly in ios11)

Let me know if you haven't found out how to do this already and I can share how to enable this
    I'd be real interested in knowing how to do this. One of the mail glitches that drives me insane.
    09-11-2018 02:32 PM
    I'd be real interested in knowing how to do this. One of the mail glitches that drives me insane.
    Follow these steps on iOS 11:
    -Go to Accounts & Passwords in your settings app
    -Click on 'Fetch New Data'
    -Select your Outlook account
    -Check all the folders you want to be notified for

Each folder you select will get a small check mark next to it. These folders will be the ones that you will receive notifications for as mail will be pushed to these folders automatically
    xtremeled likes this.
    09-12-2018 09:40 PM
    Follow these steps on iOS 11:
    -Go to Accounts & Passwords in your settings app
    -Click on 'Fetch New Data'
    -Select your Outlook account
    -Check all the folders you want to be notified for

Each folder you select will get a small check mark next to it. These folders will be the ones that you will receive notifications for as mail will be pushed to these folders automatically
    I cant thank you enough for that. I never knew that was available.
    09-12-2018 10:35 PM
    No worries. I found this after a lot of searching not long ago

Just keep in mind it doesn't work on ios12 beta...at least on my iPhone 8 plus. Hopefully it's fixed soon
    09-12-2018 10:38 PM
    No worries. I found this after a lot of searching not long ago

Just keep in mind it doesn't work on ios12 beta...at least on my iPhone 8 plus. Hopefully it's fixed soon
    I created an account on here just to let you know that I figured it out with ios12. From the mail app, you have to click on "edit" when looking at your folders at the top of the screen, then "add mailbox" and add the folders you want. Next go to Settings > Notifications > Mail and you will see "Favorite Mailboxes" (which wasn't there before you added the folders in mail) and now you can enable alerts for those folders.
    09-19-2018 04:17 PM
    I created an account on here just to let you know that I figured it out with ios12. From the mail app, you have to click on "edit" when looking at your folders at the top of the screen, then "add mailbox" and add the folders you want. Next go to Settings > Notifications > Mail and you will see "Favorite Mailboxes" (which wasn't there before you added the folders in mail) and now you can enable alerts for those folders.
    After you complete this step, do you now have your folders displayed twice in your main window in Mail? Or can you remove those favorite folders and keep the Favorite Mailbox folder notifications?
    09-21-2018 03:25 PM
    Thanks for that. Wasn't sure if they'd show up or not as I place emails in folders after they go into my main mailbox if need be.
    10-07-2018 08:34 AM
    Welcome to iMore

Feel free to introduce yourself in our forum

New to the Forums? Introduce Yourself Here!
    /new-forums-introduce-yourself-here/
    10-07-2018 07:03 PM
61 123