Phill_UK

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
21cdc511acd27115c3de8729faae1a4d.jpg

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I wonder why the Developer Beta is slightly larger than the Public Beta?

I thought cuz really public is 1 off from dev...they may also have more elements turned on in dev..

File size depends on the device. For iPhones, the X, 8, and 8 Plus will have the largest iOS downloads. Each previous year will have a smaller file size due to chip limitations so features are removed. As for dev vs public, the builds are identical. Dev's just get a beta or two more than public on big releases in case there are truly debilitating bugs.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Is this worth it?

The beta versions are solid, in my opinion. Having said that, if you’re looking for new options or what not then no, it’s not worth it. If you’re looking to run a solid beta of the next iOS update then heck yeah, go for it.

lightning8888

May 30, 2015
Visit site
I find it exciting...to see the betas before the official release. To report bugs I fill like I’m contributing to making Apple great. I have even found they do listen to suggestions because I have found a few things I mentioned to them worked in to later releases of iOS. Win Win for everyone.... lately the betas seem solid to me .

Status
Not open for further replies.