Is it ok to delete our stock calendar?

kuje75

Feb 10, 2017
Visit site
I have Fantastical 2 and have been using it instead of the stock calendar apps. Since now we can delete the calendar , is it advisable? Is it going to interfere with my Fantastical?

Bishal Rai1

Apr 3, 2018
Visit site
Fantastical 2 is a good option. But since I'm a To-Do list kind of a person, I find Rainlendar useful. On the other hand, I've also used Informant for Mac which I preferred before that.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I have Fantastical 2 and have been using it instead of the stock calendar apps. Since now we can delete the calendar , is it advisable? Is it going to interfere with my Fantastical?

You can delete the stock calendar app. I did a long time ago because I’m also a Fantastical 2 user.

anon(749368)

Oct 13, 2017
Visit site
I'm using Google calendar which is waaaay better than icalendar and just shoved the ical in a "useless folder" where safari, health app and other useless apple apps reside

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
No, it will not hurt anything to either delete or move the stock calendar app on your device.

I guess I'm the last of the stock calendar users. It works for what I need it to do.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
No, it will not hurt anything to either delete or move the stock calendar app on your device.

I guess I'm the last of the stock calendar users. It works for what I need it to do.

I use the stock, because it serves my needs as well. I do have Ultimate Calendar and Super Calendar, but only view those. Events and etc I do on stock.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

I’m using the stock calendar app. It works for me.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I'm using Google calendar which is waaaay better than icalendar and just shoved the ical in a "useless folder" where safari, health app and other useless apple apps reside

I use Google Calendar as a service, but there is seriously nothing that beats the stock Calendar's "travel time" feature, which works with events synced to Google Calendar as well. I will often enter my events with Fantastical but then edit with the stock app to add the travel time.

anon(749368)

Oct 13, 2017
Visit site
I use Google Calendar as a service, but there is seriously nothing that beats the stock Calendar's "travel time" feature, which works with events synced to Google Calendar as well. I will often enter my events with Fantastical but then edit with the stock app to add the travel time.

Gcal has a travel time feature and it uses Google maps which means they'll navigate to where you want to go, not two counties over

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Gcal has a travel time feature and it uses Google maps which means they'll navigate to where you want to go, not two counties over

Just installed again and tried to re-enter a Doctor's appointment that I entered this morning. GCal does not recognize the name of the office, unlike Apple calendar, which had it dead-on, not two counties over (surprising). I entered the street address. Unlike Apple Calendar, GCal still does not tell me the estimated travel time.

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
The one thing that bothered me about gcal was when I would input something in it would have a duplicate in it. I downloaded calendar 5 and it has been great.

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

Not every day you hear an iPhone user call Safari worthless. What browser are you using as your daily driver?

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Chrome . I'm a Google person, just using apple hardware

Makes sense. Google still has an edge with services. I feel like Apple is slowly catching up though. I only use a few stock apps like Safari, Camera, Messages, News (Yes, I use the News app), etc. I tend to switch between Apple Maps and Google Maps. Everything else is third party.

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Been thinking of deleting Mails and use Sparks instead.

I use Spark myself. It’s light years ahead of the stock Mail app and has versions for multiple mobile and desktop platforms. It also syncs my accounts automatically between devices so setup is a breeze on a new device or if I need to restore.