After 11.3 update......

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Nope not mine hmm

Again, it's not supposed to be on all the time. It depends on the strength of your cellular signal. If you don't see it, then your cellular signal is good. I don‘t see mine right now. But I'm not at home. At home I might, because my cellular signal is weak at home.
From Verizon:
Wi-Fi Calling allows you to make and receive calls over a Wi-Fi network if cellular service isn't available or is weak.
From AT&T:
Remember, Wi-Fi Calling is used automatically if your cellular signal is weak or unavailable.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Well before the update I had it on all the time so yeah strange.

You can mine. It doesn't show in the status bar, but it's toggled on.
f083a094fe29439e0bb0680ab8acea74.jpg

tdelfie03

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
My battery life is not all that great either. Strange suppose to be better. iPhone 8+

I have an iPhone 7 and did the update Friday afternoon, didn't notice any difference. All of a sudden last night my phone is noticeably snappier! Apps open super fast with no lag at all, it's great! So maybe give it a day to settle in and your battery may be better.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I have an iPhone 7 and did the update Friday afternoon, didn't notice any difference. All of a sudden last night my phone is noticeably snappier! Apps open super fast with no lag at all, it's great! So maybe give it a day to settle in and your battery may be better.

Exactly! It's usually apps struggling to adapt to the new OS that may cause excess battery discharging. When mine do that, the phone also gets too warm. I swipe out suspect apps, then reboot the phone. That usually stops it.

samduffy

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
Hi I’m having a similar issue. Since the update it keeps disconnecting randomly and I have to turn the phone off and back on for it to come back on. Before the update it would just stay on as soon as I get to the WiFi zone but now it’s giving me connection issues. I’m Noticing issues too since the update

samduffy

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
I’m in Ireland and obviously on a different network and yes I’m noticing the same WiFi calling is giving me issues since the update. It sometimes shows in the status bar and will just drop back to my carriers name with no WiFi call after it. Obviously a bug in 11.3.1

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I’m in Ireland and obviously on a different network and yes I’m noticing the same WiFi calling is giving me issues since the update. It sometimes shows in the status bar and will just drop back to my carriers name with no WiFi call after it. Obviously a bug in 11.3.1

Well, either a bug, or its working like it's supposed to now. Call your carrier and see how it's supposed to work.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site

Something I can think of. If the WiFi connection doesn’t have enough bandwidth to handle phone calls, the phone should step down to mobile.

Also, from this: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203032 , Apple has some troubleshooting on the bottom. The page mentions that WiFi calling doesn’t work on all WiFi networks (without specifying details), and also suggests restarting the phone, to see if that helps, and if that doesn’t work, doing a settings / General / reset / reset network settings as the last step to try to fix a problem like this. (Do know, though, that this forgets all of your network settings, including known WiFi access points and I think Bluetooth devices, so you have to re-enter credentials and maybe re-pair to all of your BT devices.)

samduffy

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
2D13C4ED-BDDB-468E-8C8D-F2B9FBF751F9.png. Yeah it’s a pity they changed it but at least it will work when needed but I really hope they bring it back in 11.4 to the old way

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
You said that you are on a different network though. If you are roaming, settings / cellular / wifi calling / prefer wifi while roaming should give preference to WiFi for calling (to avoid roaming fees.)

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I don’t have that option in settings for some reason

You don't have this option? I'm not sure it would give you what you want anyway. Wifi calling is not supposed to be on all the time anyway. There's no benefit for it if your cellular signal is good.
aae2bee8d91cbb6c5b91bef5b4d52125.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh