iOS 11.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aztek13

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Re: iOS Official 11.3 is available

Nope, it’s a different version number. The public release is 15E216 and the beta 6 is 15E5216a
I’m not sure why my iPhone and iPad can’t find it when I do a manual update. Maybe I’ll have to remove the beta profile first. Is the official version any different from PB6?

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site

I’m not sure why my iPhone and iPad can’t find it when I do a manual update. Maybe I’ll have to remove the beta profile first. Is the official version any different from PB6?

That's what I did, and then restarted, and then the update showed; but I want to get off the beta train anyway, so I was planning to remove the beta profile.

Jbrown99

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site

Remove profile. iMessage iCloud sync is missing in official release.

jlb21

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site

6s+ I’ve had a little over a year. At 95% battery life. So far so good

songbird

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site

6s+ I’ve had a little over a year. At 95% battery life. So far so good

My iPhone X is at 95% and received on launch day . I don't think I overuse my device, so wondering why it's pretty low. Many others I know are 98% or above

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

My iPhone X is at 95% and received on launch day . I don't think I overuse my device, so wondering why it's pretty low. Many others I know are 98% or above
Do you usually have to charge more than once a day?

Truman82

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
Re: iOS 11.3 is available

Uninstalled beta profile and restated phone. Now when trying to look for update it says error occurred and no updates can't be found..

songbird

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site

Do you usually have to charge more than once a day?

I don't generally need to, but I do it anyways. I had one instance where I had an emergency and my phone had died. Since then I generally try to always charge when I'm at a place for a length of time, I carry a spare iPad charger I use to charge the iPhone X. I'm not overly worried since I generally upgrade yearly, but it does have me curious that my charging practice isn't great for my phone.

Truman82

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site

Reset network settings and now no error. But still can't find any update. Current version is the beta "a" version..

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

I don't generally need to, but I do it anyways. I had one instance where I had an emergency and my phone had died. Since then I generally try to always charge when I'm at a place for a length of time, I carry a spare iPad charger I use to charge the iPhone X. I'm not overly worried since I generally upgrade yearly, but it does have me curious that my charging practice isn't great for my phone.
Yeah that can do it.

songbird

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site

Yeah that can do it.

So what is the "best" way to keep a healthier battery? I would still hate to see it downgrade further and at a faster speed than others. I've read many articles saying it doesn't matter if one keeps their device on the charger since it "knows" when to stop charging.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

So what is the "best" way to keep a healthier battery? I would still hate to see it downgrade further and at a faster speed than others. I've read many articles saying it doesn't matter if one keeps their device on the charger since it "knows" when to stop charging.
In your case, may be nothing you can do. Sounds like you use the phone a ton and charge a lot because your worried about your phone not making it through the day or in case something comes up. The more you use it, the faster the life of the battery disintegrates.

songbird

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site

In your case, may be nothing you can do. Sounds like you use the phone a ton and charge a lot because your worried about your phone not making it through the day or in case something comes up. The more you use it, the faster the life of the battery disintegrates.

I don't think I use it as often as others who I know. I have one friend who uses their X for gaming & watching tons of shows through the day. He sits at a nice 100% battery health, we both received our devices on the same day. He also keeps his phone charged throughout the day. I'm just hoping mine doesnt wear worse throughout the next few months, but like I mentioned, I'm not too worried. I have AppleCare if needed for a battery replacement or anything in the future.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

I don't think I use it as often as others who I know. I have one friend who uses their X for gaming & watching tons of shows through the day. He sits at a nice 100% battery health, we both received our devices on the same day. He also keeps his phone charged throughout the day. I'm just hoping mine doesnt wear worse throughout the next few months, but like I mentioned, I'm not too worried. I have AppleCare if needed for a battery replacement or anything in the future.

The downside to these battery life stats now is many people sell their phones every year if they are not on a yearly upgrade problem and now buyers are going to ask how much life is left before they buy. This will now affect people’s resale value. So good for the buyers but bad for the sellers.

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site

Got it installed last night my 3.5 year old 6+ is showing 98% battery life, and according to most recommendations I have terrible charging habits. Who knows why some do better than others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice