iOS 11.3 Public Beta 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I'm downloading now. The update is only 75.7 MB on my iPhone X; as I understand it, that makes it unlikely to be the final beta. And after install, I notice the Version is 15E5216a, so we'll definitely be seeing a beta 7.

I suspect we'll see beta 7 next week sometime. My thought is Apple wants to officially release the 11.3 update at their Chicago event on the 27th.

Snappy Phoenix

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Nothing is great about it, it is just Apples new iOS version and if I can help them make it great then that's what it's about.

Right, my iPhone X is working fine with 11.2 now and I have no bugs (at least that I've noticed so far).

Are these incremental updates from 11.2 to 11.3 just big fixes or can they bring new features to the table?

What I would really like to see on iOS is a proper file manager (not like the one they have now which just combines all your other cloud storage into one but an actual system file explorer like on Android) and the ability to change camera settings from within the Camera app rather than having to go through settings.

One thing I did notice on my iPhone X, I don't know if it's the phone having a weak WiFi or it's an OS bug, but on my Android phones the Wireless connection seems to be way faster. With the iPhone X, if I connect to the WiFi, it's much slower than my LTE although I have a Netgear X10 Router and a 100MBPS Down/20MBPS up connection)

That is one thing I hope that can be improved is the Wireless LAN connection

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I'm downloading now. The update is only 75.7 MB on my iPhone X; as I understand it, that makes it unlikely to be the final beta. And after install, I notice the Version is 15E5216a, so we'll definitely be seeing a beta 7.

I suspect we'll see beta 7 next week sometime. My thought is Apple wants to officially release the 11.3 update at their Chicago event on the 27th.

When a build number ends with a letter, it’s never the final build. So yeah as you said, at least one more build to come.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Right, my iPhone X is working fine with 11.2 now and I have no bugs (at least that I've noticed so far).

Are these incremental updates from 11.2 to 11.3 just big fixes or can they bring new features to the table?

What I would really like to see on iOS is a proper file manager (not like the one they have now which just combines all your other cloud storage into one but an actual system file explorer like on Android) and the ability to change camera settings from within the Camera app rather than having to go through settings.

One thing I did notice on my iPhone X, I don't know if it's the phone having a weak WiFi or it's an OS bug, but on my Android phones the Wireless connection seems to be way faster. With the iPhone X, if I connect to the WiFi, it's much slower than my LTE although I have a Netgear X10 Router and a 100MBPS Down/20MBPS up connection)

That is one thing I hope that can be improved is the Wireless LAN connection

I have an iPhone SE that I normally run betas on, just to see how they perform and maybe report some feedback; though my daily driver is an X. In my case, I updated to 11.2.6 (as I recall to protect myself from the iMessage bug) but started having slow downs and crashes with some apps. So, since 11.3 was running well on the SE, I updated to 11.3 on my X -- and it seems to have solved the issues I was having with 11.2.6.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
So does any think that the next build will be this or is it going skip this week and jump to next week

I actually expected an upgrade already, either yesterday or today. At this point, I'm thinking maybe Friday but also maybe next Tuesday.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Maybe we’ll get lucky and they’ll do a rare Saturday official release like for 11.2.6 remember half a month ago
It wasn't 11.2.6. It was 11.2 and back in December. They released an official on that Saturday because they released the GM on a Friday and it included a fix where people phones were rebooting on 11.1 once it hit midnight. Apple had to rush the GM out right away to the public. So this was a different situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711