Ads don't drive today's internet. User ignorance does. Print Magazines and Newspapers probably said the same thing you said :-P
    I’m not sure we are talking about the same thing here. User ignorance doesn’t generate revenue. Ads generate revenue. This is why (and how) sites like iMore exist. This is why half of the sites I visit show me a pop up asking me to whitelist them on my ad blocker. Print magazines and newspapers relied on both ads and subscription fees. If internet sites relied on users paying subscription fees they’d probably go out of business.
    Annie_8plus and scruffypig like this.
    07-09-2018 05:44 AM
    Delayed Ad Loading that pushes content down to hunt for misclick impressions is an obnoxious tactic. Overlay ads with microscopic [x] to close them are obnoxious. Mobile Ads, covering the content, that are wider than the screen (on pages that cannot be zoomed out) and force you to change device orientation to close them are obnoxious.
    Those are the worst offenders to me. Or the ads that completely cover content for a certain amount of time before you can close them. Then the x is so tiny it's almost impossible to hit it in the right place to not open the ad inside a browser. Those mostly happen on apps that include ads.
    07-26-2018 02:49 PM
    Those are the worst offenders to me. Or the ads that completely cover content for a certain amount of time before you can close them. Then the x is so tiny it's almost impossible to hit it in the right place to not open the ad inside a browser. Those mostly happen on apps that include ads.
    This is the biggest selling point for the Samsung Note and it’s S Pen.
    07-26-2018 04:34 PM
53 123