Has anyone else noticed this bug found in the Messages App?

xboxbml

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
My brother found this.. I have it too. Wondering if anyone else has seen it yet..
Open a new message thread to someone.
Just send an iOS emoji.
See what happens...

On ours the emoji shoots up and off the screen and you can no longer send anything in that thread..Close messages app and reopen messages and open the thread previously created..all is well.. Anyone else?.
ip6s+ iOS 11.2.1

RECON1

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Messages App bug found

My brother found this.. I have it too. Wondering if anyone else has seen it yet..
Just send an iOS emoji.
See what happens...

On ours the emoji shoots up and off the screen and you can no longer send anything in that thread..Close messages app and reopen messages and open the thread previously created..all is well.. Anyone else?.
ip6s+ iOS 11.2.1

Same on 11.2.5 beta

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Just send an iOS emoji.
See what happens...

ip6s+ iOS 11.2.1

I, too, was able to replicate it. Have you reported it to Apple?

xboxbml

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site

Yet you had plenty enough time to report it here ... :)

Really?.... have you ever fully and completely reported a bug?.. I can type things in an app really easily between things I’m doing.. Fully formally reporting a bug is a bit more involved than just typing a complaint in an app.. I guess your not here to help but to disparage others.. I did post a link to a previous story on this issue if you read.. Please keep your snippy comments to yourself thank you..

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site

Really?.... have you ever fully and completely reported a bug?.. I can type things in an app really easily between things I’m doing.. Fully formally reporting a bug is a bit more involved than just typing a complaint in an app.. I guess your not here to help but to disparage others.. I did post a link to a previous story on this issue if you read.. Please keep your snippy comments to yourself thank you..

Reporting a bug here does little more than gather a handful of high-fives from a few users who bothered to read the post. Reporting a bug to Apple who actually has the resources to do something about it helps everyone who uses the device. If you won't take the time to complete a full bug report then don't waste your time complaining about it here. A bug can't be squashed if you won't provide needed information.
https://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html#mn_p

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site

Just send an iOS emoji.
See what happens...

ip6s+ iOS 11.2.1

I too can replicate this bug on my new 8 Plus, running the latest beta.

Thank you for bringing it up here on the forums where others can test on their devices. This is a great way for all of us to know weather or not it's something only happening on your phone (in which case we (iMore volunteers) can try to help you fix it), or whether or not it's a bug that can be replicated. In the case of the latter, anyone here can report the bug when they have the time to do so. Plus, it's better to have more people reporting a bug. Thank you for contributing to iMore!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2