In regard to Speed test, are these numbers good?

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Is this good. Are the higher numbers better
55cfe73a6cfaae34674995583f923921.jpg

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Speed test

That’s your WiFi?
The higher the number, the better. But that all depends on your plan with your provider.

I have a 400/40 plan with my internet provider and this is the speeds I see in Speedtest:
1534c55f3bf8d279c434a5d071321c91.jpg

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Re: Speed test

Tough to say without knowing your plan information with your provider. If your WiFi provider is only offering those speeds based on your subscription then that would explain it. It also depends on what you're looking to do. Speeds are subjective to the activity.
Is it good for web browsing and emailing? Sure.
Is it good for video streaming? Probably not as good depending on the quality you're looking to stream.
Is it good for gaming? Nah, not really.
Is it good for downloading large files? Nope.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

It’s okay if you’re doing light stuff on the internet.
I’d recommend 50mbps or higher would be the sweet spot for a lot of people.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

It’s okay if you’re doing light stuff on the internet.
I’d recommend 50mbps or higher would be the sweet spot for a lot of people.

I average about 88 to 91 Mbps download now. To be honest, I can't really tell the difference between that and when my best was 30 Mbps. The difference just isn't that noticeable to me.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

I average about 88 to 91 Mbps download now. To be honest, I can't really tell the difference between that and when my best was 30 Mbps. The difference just isn't that noticeable to me.

I plan on upgrading from 40mbps to 100mbps in January.
Have you tried streaming 1080p or 4K videos? I’m sure you’ll see the difference in speed when downloading stuff

I noticed a huge speed jump from 10mbps to 40mbps.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site

I think everybody should get several speed test apps .... the difference between apps that state that they are correct is astonishing

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site

I think everybody should get several speed test apps .... the difference between apps that state that they are correct is astonishing

Speed is always changing, based on what's going on on the network, what your device is doing in the background, how good or bad your WiFi signal is at the time, etc.

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site

If all you're doing is general web browsing you probably won't see a difference. Start having multiple users downloading, streaming, and gaming at the same time a slow internet connection will raise it's ugly head. Lets not forget all of the other devices in a smart home fighting for bandwidth as well. I realize you're smart enough to go with what works for you personally, just building off your comment ...

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

If all you're doing is general web browsing you probably won't see a difference. Start having multiple users downloading, streaming, and gaming at the same time a slow internet connection will raise it's ugly head. Lets not forget all of the other devices in a smart home fighting for bandwidth as well. I realize you're smart enough to go with what works for you personally, just building off your comment ...

Yeah, I don't have the congestion. Small town, 2 in home with an iPhone. That could make a difference.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro