I used to get stats like that when I had my den set up in a room at the far end of the house. But I wasn't that far from the modem. Turned out to be interference from metal. Mostly a big 26 cu. ft. Fridge, that was in the direct line between where I sat and the modem. Have you discussed it with your provider?
    12-25-2017 08:58 PM
    I used to get stats like that when I had my den set up in a room at the far end of the house. But I wasn't that far from the modem. Turned out to be interference from metal. Mostly a big 26 cu. ft. Fridge, that was in the direct line between where I sat and the modem. Have you discussed it with your provider?
    All of this were taken five-ten feet from the router. The only thing between us was air. . Century Link jus plain sux.
    12-25-2017 09:57 PM
    Century Link jus plain sux.
    I've never had them, but that seems to be the general consensus. My sister-inlaw has had them in two different cities, and got the same almost dial-up speeds ...
    12-26-2017 08:42 AM
    I’ll trade the person who has century link lol it’s a lot cheaper than what i pay. Currently paying $100 for 25mbps and a 500gb/month allowance Shentel .

As you can see it varies pretty much. Just like my phone signal lol. I can go outside and pull close to a 75mbps through cellular at a certain spot of the yard but move just a little and it's back down to 13 or so.
    12-26-2017 10:52 AM
    I have GB Fiber from Fios at my house and I get 450-500 down and the same up from my iOS devices on WiFi. On my server, which is hard wired, I am getting close to the full Gig up and and down.
    12-26-2017 11:05 AM
    Yes, of course it does !
    However, if you get an array of speed test apps you will find that the difference between apps as well as being large is also consistent. If you are that sort of person you could just choose the speed that you like, or that you feel you deserve.Otherwise,like me you might like to try to estimate how close you are to your provider's published figures
    :shrugs: In every speed test app or web service I have tried, the results sometimes vary, but, so long as I am not at the ed of WiFi connectivity or something, the results are always within a reasonable measure of my ISPs published speed. From every app or from a service like dslreports.com. (Actually, I often find out that my ISP has bumped up the speeds of my tier not by them telling me, but from doing a speed test a couple of ties and noticing that I'm reliably getting 10 mbps more download speed or 1 mbps more upload.)
    12-26-2017 03:23 PM
    I’ll trade the person who has century link lol it’s a lot cheaper than what i pay. Currently paying $100 for 25mbps and a 500gb/month allowance Shentel .https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...b16f63366c.jpg

As you can see it varies pretty much. Just like my phone signal lol. I can go outside and pull close to a 75mbps through cellular at a certain spot of the yard but move just a little and it's back down to 13 or so.
    I pay $110 40/5 and it’s just as bad as yours. $110 includes a landline for my mother-in-law.
    12-26-2017 04:12 PM
    Comcast recently upgraded our 75mb blast internet to 100mb at no cost.

12-27-2017 08:41 AM
33 12