Fair enough; they haven't said the exact conditions, but this document details that batteries that have "chemically aged", coupled with batteries in extremely cold conditions, may have too much impedance and may "dynamically manage performance peaks". I got the 500 cycles/80% from Apple's warranty that the battery will be replaced if it falls below those totals while under warranty, and, until last week, Apple would not replace a battery by customer's request for $69 if the battery was above 80% health.

Apple's iPhone battery warranty: https://www.apple.com/batteries/service-and-recycling/

It'd be interesting to see the results of a Geekbench test on your phone with your battery condition. That said, so far all of the reports about battery performance throttling that I have seen have been for the 4.7" and 4" phones, not the Plus sized models (though they are now also covered for the $29 battery replacement program.)
    That warranty is just what they guarantee. But phones will go a lot more before having issues with the battery, other than frequent charging.
    TgeekB likes this.
    01-02-2018 05:25 PM
    I have an IPhone 6s running 11.2.5 beta. The phone is about 2 years old and battery has seen better days. I downloaded and ran Geekbench 4 to check system and battery performance. The overall system was running about 50% although CPU was at max. Instead of waiting for Apple to replace battery, I purchased and installed one myself. It is as if I have a New phone. Complete system run at or above standard.

For those who are having battery and performance issues, I would strongly suggest a new battery
    Annie_8plus and TripleOne like this.
    01-05-2018 07:00 PM
    I have an IPhone 6s running 11.2.5 beta. The phone is about 2 years old and battery has seen better days. I downloaded and ran Geekbench 4 to check system and battery performance. The overall system was running about 50% although CPU was at max. Instead of waiting for Apple to replace battery, I purchased and installed one myself. It is as if I have a New phone. Complete system run at or above standard.

For those who are having battery and performance issues, I would strongly suggest a new battery
    That’s great news!
    Thank you for letting us know.
    01-05-2018 08:15 PM

Glad it works for you. I saw in an Amazon review where someone had purchased a new battery. First thing they did was connect to Coconut Battery online. It showed the battery already had 250+ charge cycles. LOL.
    01-06-2018 05:36 PM
154 ... 567