iOS 11.2.1 officially available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
It’s probably a fix for that HomeKit bug that allowed people to remotely attack door locks (I think) which was announced I think last week.

Frehley

Ambassador
Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
It’s probably a fix for that HomeKit bug that allowed people to remotely attack door locks (I think) which was announced I think last week.

Yep, says that it fixes bugs including an issue that could disable remote access to shared users of the Home app.

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Likewise but interesting differences in the speed to accomplish the update between different devices -I did 4 ( my iPhone 7plus, my wife's 6plus, my iPad mini4, her iPad Air2...... All updated from iOS 11.2, and done OTA. WIFI speed +/- 35 mbps...... The iPad Air was fastest by a long shot however the update had already arrived overnight previous, and only needed an install which took about 7 min.... The rest were a 'download/install' and in comparison to the previous situations with 11.2, the mini4 was slow as in 15 min AFTER the download was done (the 'preparing update stage' seemed very prolonged. Likewise the iPhone 6plus ... My 7Plus was a lot faster but I guess that's also processor related. I only noted this as I'd just jumped the same hoops on the 4 devices last week with 11.2 so could more or less remember how long the steps took.. All devices working nicely post update, battery & wifi are fine

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Why is it when I do the backups or software updates it’s faster on my iPad and takes longer on my iPhone
I use my jetpak which is my only means for “WiFi “. Weird that it’s faster on my ipad

comiken205

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
Why is it when I do the backups or software updates it’s faster on my iPad and takes longer on my iPhone
I use my jetpak which is my only means for “WiFi “. Weird that it’s faster on my ipad

I noticed that today. New iPhone and new iPad. iPad was done quicker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711