Is this possible with numbers

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Is this possible to do with the numbers App. I’m playing in a college bowl pick em. The instructions sent are

It's very simple to enter. Open the attached spreadsheet, and use your mouse to click on the team you think will cover the point spread and it will automatically shade that team

excel version of your entry is highly preferred as it auto feeds the master template and reduces keying errors and speeds up consolidation so no pdfs or manual sheets please.

I can open the spreadsheet but can’t click to “shade” as this is coming from a PC user. if I download Excel from Microsoft’s website will it be exactly like the one on PC

Last edited:

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Yes, if you download Excel for Mac it should work exactly as it’s supposed to. I used Excel on a Mac all through college (as a finance major I used Excel quite a bit) and never had a problem.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Yes, if you download Excel for Mac it should work exactly as it’s supposed to. I used Excel on a Mac all through college (as a finance major I used Excel quite a bit) and never had a problem.

Well, the question is will it work with the Apple app Numbers on an iOS device. It would be impossible for anyone else to answer without seeing the actual spreadsheet, but the compatibility that Numbers promises is for the ability to open Excel format spreadsheets and save to them, but not support every single feature.

I would think that the best way to proceed is to use Excel only, and probably on a Mac or Windows PC only.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I did buy excel for Mac but I tried excel for iOS first & it said this version Excel doesn’t support VBA marcos

18476a51984f705aef6c36611f40c961.jpg

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Don't you need a subscription to Office 365 to edit / save spreadsheets, which I presume this college picking spreadsheet requires, with the Excel app? I read this question as I have an iPhone, the Numbers app is free, can I use it to edit a spreadsheet, etc.

Oh, good point. I didn’t think of that. Thanks for the info.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I did buy excel for Mac but I tried excel for iOS first & it said this version Excel doesn’t support VBA marcos

That's what I figured was going on. Numbers also does not support VBA macros, on the Mac either. You will need a Mac/PC version of Excel for this: iOS app guidelines would not allow Microsoft to add support for VBA macros in Excel spreadsheets on an iPhone or iPad.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711