Take a screenshot of what apps have updated.
    Give it 24 hours. Resist the urge to refresh.
    Check again.
    I might even suggest more than 24 hours. I don't think that I see an App Store update badge every day. I'd say try waiting two full days.
    12-07-2017 06:57 AM
    Check again.

Are you on wifi most of the day?
    I’m on wifi all day. Could that be what’s causing it? I’m just glad to know I’m not the only one experiencing this issue. First world problems lol
    12-08-2017 12:08 AM
    I’m on wifi all day. Could that be what’s causing it? I’m just glad to know I’m not the only one experiencing this issue. First world problems lol
    No, wifi isn't the issue. If you weren't I'd think that might be part of it.
    12-08-2017 06:58 AM
    My iPad which isn’t on 11.2 isn’t having the same issues. It’s updates appear as a badge on my iPad. It’s only my iPhone that’s having this issue
    12-08-2017 07:35 AM
    Check again.

Are you on wifi most of the day?
    So I took your advice but without doing the screen shot. I checked what apps were up to date yesterday morning. I left my phone on wifi and checked again this morning. I had several apps update themselves like it was supposed to, so I'd have to say since I updated to 11.2 it started working for me again OR maybe because I left my phone on wifi... Which is not something I normally do.

I'll have to stay on LTE only for a day or so and see if the app store still auto updates. I do have that option for the app store set for wifi/cellular updates.
    robertk328 likes this.
    12-08-2017 09:04 AM
    So I took your advice but without doing the screen shot. I checked what apps were up to date yesterday morning. I left my phone on wifi and checked again this morning. I had several apps update themselves like it was supposed to, so I'd have to say since I updated to 11.2 it started working for me again OR maybe because I left my phone on wifi... Which is not something I normally do.

I'll have to stay on LTE only for a day or so and see if the app store still auto updates. I do have that option for the app store set for wifi/cellular updates.
    iOS prioritizes WiFi over cellular.
    It may very well be that the AppStore doesn’t check as often for updates over cellular as it would do on WiFi.
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    12-08-2017 10:04 AM
    It may very well be that the AppStore doesn’t check as often for updates over cellular as it would do on WiFi.
    There is also a limit for the size of update for cellular data, right? The update can be no larger than 150 MB. These days, that should be most app updates (and, of course, one of the changes I don't like in iOS 11 is that the app store doesn't tell you how large the update is in the list of updates tab), but there may be a few that will be too large for cellular data.
    Tartarus likes this.
    12-08-2017 10:26 AM
    There is also a limit for the size of update for cellular data, right? The update can be no larger than 150 MB. These days, that should be most app updates (and, of course, one of the changes I don't like in iOS 11 is that the app store doesn't tell you how large the update is in the list of updates tab), but there may be a few that will be too large for cellular data.
    Yes, this is true. But the size shouldn’t affect the actual updates showing up in the update section at given intervals.

And since I have unlimited cellular data, I don’t mind update sizes.
    12-08-2017 10:32 AM
    Had 2 apps update in the background today.
    12-08-2017 04:11 PM
    Right, well hopefully I'll find out soon.
    12-08-2017 05:53 PM
    I had an app that used to auto update all the time. I don’t mind manually refreshing and updating.
    12-08-2017 07:57 PM
36 12