Status
Not open for further replies.

zocster

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: iOS 11.2 Official Release Has Launched

It worked fine for me on iOS 10, but hasn’t worked for me and many others at all on iOS 11.
It just simply doesn’t update, no matter what settings you use.

Done a restore from new maybe? I've no issue with updating weather widget at all.

Andrew_yates86

May 15, 2017
Visit site

Install went well on iPad Pro 10.5" and iPhone X. However, I only see Apple Pay Cash on the iPad. Any one else seeing this issue?

After talking with Apple it’s been held back in 11.2 public release due to bugs and will be released at a later date

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site

Done a restore from new maybe? I've no issue with updating weather widget at all.

I also have no issues with it (as infrequently as I check the widget, it always matches the app), but enough people are having an issue, even after setting up as new or restoring from backup, that there’s obviously something there. My suggestion is to try another weather app and use its widget if this is an important thing to have until this is fixed. Weather Underground's widget seems to update fine (of course, that may depend on where you are.)

Munale

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site

since the update my iPhone x vibrates every time i close an app. and during other tasks that it didn't do before. i can't seem to get rid of it. anyone else have this issue?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

since the update my iPhone x vibrates every time i close an app. and during other tasks that it didn't do before. i can't seem to get rid of it. anyone else have this issue?

I’m not. Try rebooting your iPhone or select “Reset All Settings” from the Settings menu.

davsug

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site

I just noticed that since 11.2 I can’t do a restart. Trying volume up/down then power on my 8 plus but it just brings up the slide to shut down screen. Tried it about 20 times same result. Is there a new test process with 11.2?

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
iOS 11.2 Official Release Has Launched

Without question it is the worst in regard to reported issues, but for someone like me who typically set up my device as new with a major iOS update, it’s been great.

I bought an entirely new phone and it’s still buggy and full of UI/design glitches.

One iPhone 8 Plus here decides randomly that it just wont Auto Rotate. Usually takes a reboot to fix, but sometimes it will randomly start working on its own.

Also, wasn’t Apple Pay in Messages supposed to be in this update? It’s AWOL on my device.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site

I just noticed that since 11.2 I can’t do a restart. Trying volume up/down then power on my 8 plus but it just brings up the slide to shut down screen. Tried it about 20 times same result. Is there a new test process with 11.2?

That’s the process, it’s a different shutdown screen than the normal shutdown screen.

SparkySparky

Jan 22, 2017
Visit site

my Face ID has been glitchy since this update do you know if theres a fix possibly factory reset? is that a good solution

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I bought an entirely new phone and it’s still buggy and full of UI/design glitches.
iOS has been working great on both my iPhone X and iPhone 8. No complaints on ‘my’ end, but I do recognize that others like yourself are having issues, unfortunately.

One iPhone 8 Plus here decides randomly that it just wont Auto Rotate. Usually takes a reboot to fix, but sometimes it will randomly start working on its own.
I don’t have an iPhone 8 Plus, but I’ve yet to have an issue with rotation on my iPhone 8 and iPhone X.

Also, wasn’t Apple Pay in Messages supposed to be in this update? It’s AWOL on my device.
As I’ve stated in a different thread in which I uploaded a couple of screenshot via my iPhone X, I’ve had Pay Cash for a while now, but I haven’t set it up yet. Yes, it also appears in iMessage on my iPhone X.

jwalker007

May 14, 2010
Visit site
iOS 11.2 Official Release Has Launched

I have to say I’m not a big fan of the abbreviated lock screen date. I preferred it spelled out. I guess they wanted it lined up with the time.

Phill_UK

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site

I have to say I’m not a big fan of the abbreviated lock screen date. I preferred it spelled out. I guess they wanted it lined up with the time.

I’m not seeing an abbreviated lock screen date...

439844e5203469678edcf160d446de4e.jpg

jwalker007

May 14, 2010
Visit site

Here’s a screenshot of the appreciated dates. Wonder if there is a setting change in 11.2.
e35eb73c2470da44b511ddf0f572a0cb.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW