Status
Not open for further replies.

Phill_UK

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Re: iOS 11.2 Official Release Has Launched

Could it be due to your font settings?

I believe it’s due to text size. I just increased mine and the date abbreviated...

5b25f78560ede5ac7e536032211141cd.jpg

MasterDarque

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
iOS 11.2 Official Release Has Launched

I have to say I’m not a big fan of the abbreviated lock screen date. I preferred it spelled out. I guess they wanted it lined up with the time.

Here’s a screenshot of the appreciated dates. Wonder if there is a setting change in 11.2. //uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171203/e35eb73c2470da44b511ddf0f572a0cb.jpg

Could it be due to your font settings?

Good catch @ TripleOne, it is dependent on the font type size. I also had the abbreviated date on the lock screen as well, went into settings > Accessibility > Larger Text, where I saw that I had the largest font selected - moved that to the halfway point between smallest and largest sizes, then went back to the lock screen and the date was fully spelled out.
Went back and selected the largest size font, and the lock screen date was back to being abbreviated.

jwalker007

May 14, 2010
Visit site

Eyes aren’t what they use to be. Odd that it wasn’t that way until 11.2. I haven’t touched accessibility settings for awhile.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site

Been a rough month for Apple in the bug department.

True, but they’ve obscure bugs. Obviously the root access on macOS High Sierra was pretty big, they fixed it quickly. This iOS one though, you can’t exactly test for a random date causing issues. They fixed it quickly again though.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

Here’s a screenshot of the appreciated dates. Wonder if there is a setting change in 11.2. //uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171203/e35eb73c2470da44b511ddf0f572a0cb.jpg

What is your region set at?
Each region has its own set of notations for date, currency and temperature.

mattguy10

Nov 1, 2017
Visit site

I just noticed that since 11.2 I can’t do a restart. Trying volume up/down then power on my 8 plus but it just brings up the slide to shut down screen. Tried it about 20 times same result. Is there a new test process with 11.2?

When the slide to shut down screen comes up, continue to hold the side button and it will eventually hard reset. That works for me on my X anyway. Should work on the 8 Plus as well.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site

True, but they’ve obscure bugs. Obviously the root access on macOS High Sierra was pretty big, they fixed it quickly. This iOS one though, you can’t exactly test for a random date causing issues. They fixed it quickly again though.

Understood. But the point remains. It’s been a rough month for them. 🤷🏾*♂️

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

You can automate such testing, actually. Set the phone to run an accelerated clock and log crashes. It’s actually pretty basic software testing.

This isn’t the first time we’ve had software date bugs. In the grand scheme of things, they actually aren’t extremely uncommon. (I’m ignoring Y2K stuff).

The way it affected usability was the big issue. Otherwise, we may not have heard much of it.

The text input bugs were easily testable, so I don’t think Apples issue is difficulty. They just aren’t testing their software well, period.

Personally, I never experienced this or any of the text input bugs. It’s the visual glitches that have really bugged me (design issues).

Apples software is starting to give off that Microsoft vibe, while Microsoft seems to have generally gotten their ship into shape. The roles have reversed, as far as I’m concerned.

razza1987

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site

It worked fine for me on iOS 10, but hasn’t worked for me and many others at all on iOS 11.
It just simply doesn’t update, no matter what settings you use.

It doesn’t work for me either. I deleted it from my widgets

Bijutech1

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site

Just to confirm the “Apple Pay Cash” won’t be active until tomorrow ?

Bijutech1

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site

Because I tried to find it on iOS 11.2 that came out Saturday due to the date bug but no such luck

montecito79

Oct 12, 2017
Visit site

My screen recording in control center is not working on 11.2.
Any experiences?

naddy6969

May 29, 2017
Visit site
“Apples software is starting to give off that Microsoft vibe, while Microsoft seems to have generally gotten their ship into shape.”

Which Microsoft ship are you referring to? The iOS apps or Windows 10?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox