What was the other catastrophic bug?
    High Sierra root user exploit. https://www.imore.com/macos-has-root-bug

Catastrophic is not the word I'd use for the iOS 11 December 2nd bug. The root user bug was pretty catastrophic. This respring issue was more annoying for people I am sure than anything. However, both of these bugs sound like they were caused by really stupid coding errors that should have been caught before they were released.
    12-02-2017 09:56 AM
    Maybe, but it still doesn’t work. A totally pointless widget right from the start of iOS 11. Apple should be ashamed of themselves!
    Mine has been working quite well.
    12-02-2017 09:58 AM
    High Sierra root user exploit. https://www.imore.com/macos-has-root-bug

Catastrophic is not the word I'd use for the iOS 11 December 2nd bug. The root user bug was pretty catastrophic. This respring issue was more annoying for people I am sure than anything. However, both of these bugs sound like they were caused by really stupid coding errors that should have been caught before they were released.
    This week only showed that Apple is prepared to own their mistakes and fix it as soon as possible like within a day for the bug on High Sierra and even within mere hours for the December 2nd bug.

This shows strength, not weakness in my opinion.
    12-02-2017 10:01 AM
    Not to seem overly Kool-Aid drinker or something, but I haven’t had any major bugs thus far despite my phone practically being glued to my hand.
    Sure, but just because you haven't, an objective look at iOS 11 sees that there were patches and releases after 7 days, 14 days, 22 days, 42 days, 51 days, 58 days, and 74 days. That's seven releases in less than two and a half months. There was the dumb calculator bug, a bug for users of the X that stopped responding to presses when the phone got cold, the Exchange account failure to send mail, the letter "i" replacement bug, and now this one.

By contrast, iOS 10 had patches and releases at 10 days, 34 days, 41 days, and 48 days by this time in its release. 4 patches in a month and a half (10.2 came out at the two month mark.)
    12-02-2017 10:06 AM
    The only bug that really bugged me was the visual voicemail bug and that was a simple fix thanks to other members postings.
    Frehley likes this.
    12-02-2017 10:08 AM
    Sure, but just because you haven't, an objective look at iOS 11 sees that there were patches and releases after 7 days, 14 days, 22 days, 42 days, 51 days, 58 days, and 74 days. That's seven releases in less than two and a half months. There was the dumb calculator bug, a bug for users of the X that stopped responding to presses when the phone got cold, the Exchange account failure to send mail, the letter "i" replacement bug, and now this one.

By contrast, iOS 10 had patches and releases at 10 days, 34 days, 41 days, and 48 days by this time in its release. 4 patches in a month and a half (10.2 came out at the two month mark.)
    My last post in this thread addresses your concerns in this regard.

Personally, I find it a show of strength rather than a sign of weakness that there are more updates.
    iwoodland likes this.
    12-02-2017 10:09 AM
    This week only showed that Apple is prepared to own their mistakes and fix it as soon as possible like within a day for the bug on High Sierra and even within mere hours for the December 2nd bug.

This shows strength, not weakness in my opinion.
    I never said anything about strength or weakness; I said it was a bad week for stupid bugs.

But releasing High Sierra with that bug undetected is not a strength. It's the publicity that is bad for sure. It sure appears bad that the HS bug was well-known enough to show up on Apple's support forums a couple of weeks ago but it took a twitter storm of publicity for Apple to notice and do something about it. (And then the patch they released had to be re-patched because it broke file sharing, so the root user bug actually took two days to patch, and that's two days after it was publicized in a twitter storm of publicity.)

I don't think that the Dec 2 bug was fixed in "mere hours" - Apple has been beta testing 11.2 for weeks and it sure appears that they jumped the release because of the bug, particularly when we learn that the ability to send money with iMessage using Apple Pay is delayed, even though it was touted on the release notes.
    Premium1 likes this.
    12-02-2017 10:23 AM
    Woke to a an incessantly re-springing iPhone X.... checked software update... aha 11.2... then realized couldn't even have enough time to install due to non-stop re-springs... looked up Rene's twitter to see there was a workaround via disabling notifications (which i did on all apps to be sure)... installing 11.2 now... ****!!!

PS - servers must be getting absolutely hammered this morning... as it's taking a long time...
    12-02-2017 10:27 AM
    It worked fine for me on iOS 10, but hasn’t worked for me and many others at all on iOS 11.
    It just simply doesn’t update, no matter what settings you use.
    Same here, stock weather widget doesn’t update regularly. It’s been like this since iOS 11.
    12-02-2017 10:51 AM
    Same here, stock weather widget doesn’t update regularly. It’s been like this since iOS 11.
    I don’t know what to tell you. When I initially replied in regard to the weather widget, the temp was 73°. As you can see via the screenshot, it is now 80°. The time coincides with the “Now” on the screenshot.

iOS 11.2-img_0104.jpg
    12-02-2017 10:56 AM
    I don’t know what to tell you. When I initially replied in regard to the weather widget, the temp was 73°. As you can see via the screenshot, it is now 80°. The time coincides with the “Now” on the screenshot.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0104.JPG 
Views:	3 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	120788
    It’s now 44 here. As you see the widget has 45. I’ll forget my widget and take your weather!
    12-02-2017 11:03 AM
    No problems with the update updated my iP X and the Wife's iP 7 in 10 minutes.
    12-02-2017 11:13 AM
    It’s now 44 here. As you see the widget has 45. I’ll forget my widget and take your weather!
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...75a8aa7c35.jpg
    (Laughing)....I’m sure. I was in that type of weather over the Thanksgiving holiday when I visited family in NC. Although it felt great, I prefer the temp of where I am here in Orlando...
    pr1nce and Tartarus like this.
    12-02-2017 11:20 AM
    Good lord, Apple has had a bad week for stupid bugs, haven't they?
    I think more like a bad month, with the keyboard issues.
    12-02-2017 11:39 AM
    IOS 11 has to be one of (if not the most) buggy OS update from apple in a long time. Glad to see an update, but these bugs that are slipping through the cracks aren't a good look for the apple QC.
    nr2d likes this.
    12-02-2017 11:53 AM
    It worked fine for me on iOS 10, but hasn’t worked for me and many others at all on iOS 11.
    It just simply doesn’t update, no matter what settings you use.
    Done a restore from new maybe? I've no issue with updating weather widget at all.
    12-02-2017 12:00 PM
    Install went well on iPad Pro 10.5" and iPhone X. However, I only see Apple Pay Cash on the iPad. Any one else seeing this issue?
    After talking with Apple it’s been held back in 11.2 public release due to bugs and will be released at a later date
    12-02-2017 12:08 PM
    Done a restore from new maybe? I've no issue with updating weather widget at all.
    I’ve tried everything Zocs. It will work for a couple of hours, then just stop updating.
    12-02-2017 12:09 PM
    I also have no issues with it (as infrequently as I check the widget, it always matches the app), but enough people are having an issue, even after setting up as new or restoring from backup, that there’s obviously something there. My suggestion is to try another weather app and use its widget if this is an important thing to have until this is fixed. Weather Underground's widget seems to update fine (of course, that may depend on where you are.)
    12-02-2017 01:25 PM
    since the update my iPhone x vibrates every time i close an app. and during other tasks that it didn't do before. i can't seem to get rid of it. anyone else have this issue?
    12-02-2017 02:52 PM
    since the update my iPhone x vibrates every time i close an app. and during other tasks that it didn't do before. i can't seem to get rid of it. anyone else have this issue?
    I’m not. Try rebooting your iPhone or select “Reset All Settings” from the Settings menu.
    12-02-2017 03:36 PM
    Updated both my X and iPP yesterday.
    So far so good.
    Tartarus likes this.
    12-02-2017 06:44 PM
    Is this different from the beta 6 version? I am sorry newbie here
    12-02-2017 07:15 PM
    Is this different from the beta 6 version? I am sorry newbie here
    It’s the same as beta 6.
    12-02-2017 07:24 PM
    I just noticed that since 11.2 I can’t do a restart. Trying volume up/down then power on my 8 plus but it just brings up the slide to shut down screen. Tried it about 20 times same result. Is there a new test process with 11.2?
    12-02-2017 07:33 PM
92 1234