So, I have the new 2017 iPad with the 1st gen touchID. It drives me nuts working even less reliably for me than the 2nd gen that I was used to since coming to Apple just a couple years ago. I was thinking the other day since my iPad just sits at home, is there a way to just turn off touchID and pin unlock so I just open my folio cover and push the home button or something to go straight to the home screen with no authentication? As I said I only came to Apple a couple years ago from Android and have never tried anything like this (disabling the security stuff) so I don't know if it's possible or not.

In case it matters I do have the two factor authentication set up on my account so when a new device logs in for example to my iCloud account I get the popup on my iPhone and iPad asking to authorize it. I know I could just shut off touchID and use the PIN every time I'm just thinking since I never take the tablet anywhere and there's no security issues at home short of someone breaking into the house it would be nice if I didn't need even the PIN to get in.
    11-22-2017 12:17 PM
    You can do that in Settings. Go to Settings>Touch ID & Passcode. Everything can be turned off from there. Thanks.
    doogald likes this.
    11-22-2017 02:30 PM