I’m being prompted to enter my Apple ID password manually each time one of my kids requests an app. I have the iPhone X running the latest iOS update. I’m signed into iCloud and have iTunes enabled to use Face ID, but I’m still prompted each time. When I had my iPhone 7, I simply used the fingerprint reader to approve the request. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Rob
    11-19-2017 05:04 PM
    I’m being prompted to enter my Apple ID password manually each time one of my kids requests an app. I have the iPhone X running the latest iOS update. I’m signed into iCloud and have iTunes enabled to use Face ID, but I’m still prompted each time. When I had my iPhone 7, I simply used the fingerprint reader to approve the request. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Rob
    So if I’m correct, you using Face ID is the same as having to use Touch ID to approve each time. You can disable that option for iTunes and AppStore purchases, but its doing what it’s suppose to.
    11-19-2017 05:11 PM

Thanks,

Rob
    Have you gone to Settings → FaceID & Passcode, and then enabled the toggle next to iTunes & App Store?

Approving iTunes app requests with Face ID-img_0059.jpg
    11-19-2017 05:53 PM
    Recon1 - I didn’t have to enter a password to approve, just provide my fingerprint. I’d like Face ID to do the same as my fingerprint.

Just_Me_D - the tightwad already enabled.

Thanks,

Rob
    11-19-2017 09:04 PM
    ... - I didn’t have to enter a password to approve, just provide my fingerprint. I’d like Face ID to do the same as my fingerprint.

I have mine set to do just that, and it does. If things are set correctly in the settings then you may have to reboot or setup FaceID again.
    11-19-2017 09:39 PM
    Just_Me_D - thank you. I’ll set it up again. Sorry for “tightwad.” The keyboard did an autocorrect on “toggle” somehow and I just noticed.
    11-19-2017 10:16 PM