Approving iTunes app requests with Face ID

robclif4d

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
I’m being prompted to enter my Apple ID password manually each time one of my kids requests an app. I have the iPhone X running the latest iOS update. I’m signed into iCloud and have iTunes enabled to use Face ID, but I’m still prompted each time. When I had my iPhone 7, I simply used the fingerprint reader to approve the request. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Rob

RECON1

May 12, 2012
Visit site
I’m being prompted to enter my Apple ID password manually each time one of my kids requests an app. I have the iPhone X running the latest iOS update. I’m signed into iCloud and have iTunes enabled to use Face ID, but I’m still prompted each time. When I had my iPhone 7, I simply used the fingerprint reader to approve the request. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Rob

So if I’m correct, you using Face ID is the same as having to use Touch ID to approve each time. You can disable that option for iTunes and AppStore purchases, but its doing what it’s suppose to.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Thanks,

Rob

Have you gone to Settings → FaceID & Passcode, and then enabled the toggle next to iTunes & App Store?

IMG_0059.jpg

robclif4d

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Recon1 - I didn’t have to enter a password to approve, just provide my fingerprint. I’d like Face ID to do the same as my fingerprint.

Just_Me_D - the tightwad already enabled.

Thanks,

Rob

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
... - I didn’t have to enter a password to approve, just provide my fingerprint. I’d like Face ID to do the same as my fingerprint.

I have mine set to do just that, and it does. If things are set correctly in the settings then you may have to reboot or setup FaceID again.

robclif4d

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Just_Me_D - thank you. I’ll set it up again. Sorry for “tightwad.” The keyboard did an autocorrect on “toggle” somehow and I just noticed.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice