I've been seeing my iPhone auto connect to these. I know I never connected to a public wifi. Is there a list like on OSX that shows all wifi networks my phone will try to connect to so I can remove them?

Is this a new "feature"? Is it something T-Mobile somehow does with carrier settings?
    dianaowusujackso likes this.
    11-15-2017 11:35 AM
    Oh yes seems we have something like that you can connect your iPhone to so you can be able to remove from it
    nicoledicintio likes this.
    11-15-2017 11:39 AM
    Oh yes seems we have something like that you can connect your iPhone to so you can be able to remove from it
    What? I'm detecting a sarcastic reply, but can't tell with your* grammar.

You like your phone auto connecting to questionable wifi?
    11-15-2017 12:24 PM
    I've been seeing my iPhone auto connect to these. I know I never connected to a public wifi. Is there a list like on OSX that shows all wifi networks my phone will try to connect to so I can remove them?

Is this a new "feature"? Is it something T-Mobile somehow does with carrier settings?
    Go to settings>Wi-Fi, and turn “Ask to Join Networks” on. Known networks will auto-connect, but unknown and questionable networks won’t.
    nr2d likes this.
    11-15-2017 02:24 PM
    Go to settings>Wi-Fi, and turn “Ask to Join Networks” on. Known networks will auto-connect, but unknown and questionable networks won’t.
    Thanks. That's kind of annoying though, I thought that just meant don't ever ask me, and it was a given my iPhone wouldn't connect without my express say so. There's no common sense option? Where I don't see pop ups begging me to join wifi, and where my phone won't touch them without me saying so?

Edit: This doesn't sound right. iOS keeps interrupting me after unlocking to ask about networks. First time after I turned it on it told me to turn it off I don't want to be asked. Doesn't sound right.

Edit edit: back off, because of the section with arrow. It shouldn't be doing this. Guess people like trolling me because I'm very critical of iOS?

Last edited by bobbob1016; 11-15-2017 at 03:51 PM.
    11-15-2017 02:32 PM
    Guess this is the Apple way and I'm a heretic to think it's insane that my phone either begs for Wi-Fi, or connects to any random insecure network?
    11-18-2017 04:18 PM
    Guess this is the Apple way and I'm a heretic to think it's insane that my phone either begs for Wi-Fi, or connects to any random insecure network?
    If you have "Ask to join networks" off (as I do), it will not prompt you to join a network you haven't joined before - you have to do it manually from settings / wifi. My phone never connects to a network I haven't used before.

I have heard before that AT&T adds their own WiFi hotspots on Android phones - I hadn't heard that this happens on iPhones - and perhaps T-Mobile does the same? I'm on Verizon myself.
    11-18-2017 06:41 PM
    I have never connected to a public hotspot tbh. Fortunate enough to have unlimited data. I should only have 5 or less wifi points saved. Do you know how I can check the list of saved wifi networks?
    11-18-2017 06:56 PM
    I have never connected to a public hotspot tbh. Fortunate enough to have unlimited data. I should only have 5 or less wifi points saved. Do you know how I can check the list of saved wifi networks?
    There is no way, but you but can use settings / general / reset / reset network settings to forget all known WiFi networks and start over. This means reestablishing connections to all of your wanted networks the first time that you get to them, but it also removes any networks you no longer want.

And, yes, Apple *should* provide a way to delete known networks without deleting them all. It’s wrong that they don’t.
    11-18-2017 08:21 PM
    There is no way, but you but can use settings / general / reset / reset network settings to forget all known WiFi networks and start over. This means reestablishing connections to all of your wanted networks the first time that you get to them, but it also removes any networks you no longer want.

And, yes, Apple *should* provide a way to delete known networks without deleting them all. It’s wrong that they don’t.
    I guess I overlooked resetting network settings because I know I've never connected to those networks. I'll try it though.
    11-21-2017 02:35 PM