Why do you or why don’t you run iOS betas?

naddy6969

May 29, 2017
Visit site
“ I am just so glad I was able to get back to 10.3.3 before they stopped signing it.”

That is exactly why I waited so long to install 11. I waited until this week, 11.1.1. Apple pulled 10.3.3 WAY too soon, so there was no going back if there were problems.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I don’t bother with betas anymore... just too much risk and hassle. I want reliability... god I must be getting old lol

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I don’t bother with betas anymore... just too much risk and hassle. I want reliability... god I must be getting old lol

I understand. I’ve been reluctant to install any iOS 11 betas. I did install 11.1 betas 4 and 5. They were both stable for me. Lately I’ve just wanted my device to run the way it should.

AustinIllini

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Betas are fine when you are running a major release (i.e. in August before a number release). I stopped doing betas for dot releases because I'm not THAT interested in beta testing builds with fixes.

darius_robin

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
I once downloaded an iOS 9 public beta on my old iPad 3. The iPad killed itself and wouldn’t turn on. Luckily it came back to life a few months later. That was the first and last beta I installed.

dcunited08

Jul 22, 2017
Visit site
I think I am going to get off the beta train once 11.2 is released. I have been on it since iOS 11. I tried the first few iOS 11 public betas and found them unusable, the later ones were better. Before I moved to iOS this spring I was on the Android beta program on Nexus devices and it was a similar deal. I do find iOS to be more difficult to change between versions and set up everything though.