Official iOS 11.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
For me, Safari has been using my battery a lot more than it did on iOS 9 or iOS 10. For example, 3 minutes of use but using 15% of the battery, while Tweetbot has 45 minutes of use plus 15 minutes background and is using 13% of the battery.

I just turned off the new Settings / Safari / Prevent Cross-Site Tracking to see if that's the culprit.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
For me, Safari has been using my battery a lot more than it did on iOS 9 or iOS 10. For example, 3 minutes of use but using 15% of the battery, while Tweetbot has 45 minutes of use plus 15 minutes background and is using 13% of the battery.

I just turned off the new Settings / Safari / Prevent Cross-Site Tracking to see if that's the culprit.
Well, that made things worse. I'm trying a few more things in Safari settings. Safari, 11 minutes on screen, 23%. Tweetbot, 43 minutes on screen, 18 minutes background, 13%. Google InBox, 18 minutes on screen, 4 minutes background, 11%. Something is up with Safari, at least for me. (This is after setting up the phone from scratch after the update, about nine days ago...)

iPh6ne6

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site
Experiencing a real sluggishness since 11.1 has been on my iPhone 7.

Delay with opening apps, unlocking and typing.

Hoping for a new update ASAP.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Experiencing a real sluggishness since 11.1 has been on my iPhone 7.

Delay with opening apps, unlocking and typing.

Hoping for a new update ASAP.

I haven’t had any problems with iOS 11.1, but my son was having problems with his iPhone 7 being sluggish or not unlocking his device. A simple restart solved the problem.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site

My battery seems back to normal, and Safari is not even showing up on the battery list. For the record, the changes I made to Safari settings:

- turned off "Search Engine Suggestions"
- turned off "Safari Suggestions"
- turned off "Preload Top Hit"
- turned off "Frequently Visited Sites"

And, as noted, I turned on "Prevent Cross-Site Tracking"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads