Official iOS 11.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
But come on... 1 watched the screen as I entered 1+2+3. The numerals in the calculation window displayed, 1 then 23 then 24. That is a hint that I was entering the numbers too fast.

Aztek13

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I’ve had the iOS 11.1 public beta 5 on my 6s for several days. It runs well with the exception of a couple of bugs I’d like to see fixed. The calculator bug and the Apple weather app widget bug. I’ve heard that the calculator bug is fixed in iOS 11.2 beta 1. I’m just waiting for the public beta to drop.

That weather widget is driving me crazy! ??????

kuje75

Feb 10, 2017
Visit site
Thanks ios11.1. Got back my favourite feature. Force press the left edge to get the recent apps instead of double press the home button.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
It seems the actual turning OFF of wifi & Bluetooth through the control center is back. It's not just a temp disable. I toggled of the wifi off about an hour ago and it has yet to reconnect to 1 of my 2 available networks !

Hopefully I didn't speak too soon lol.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Add 1+2+3 = real fast. It will probably give you 24. There’s a delay or something. If you do it slow it works fine most of the time. I know I had a problem. There are several videos on it.

I’m on 11.2 and it gives the correct answer so I assume 11.2 fixed the problem.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Thanks ios11.1. Got back my favourite feature. Force press the left edge to get the recent apps instead of double press the home button.

Well that's cool! I didn't know about that before... LOL! That's what so cool about this forum.. you learn something new every day!

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
It seems the actual turning OFF of wifi & Bluetooth through the control center is back. It's not just a temp disable. I toggled of the wifi off about an hour ago and it has yet to reconnect to 1 of my 2 available networks !

I liked the way it was before where it just disabled it.. To each their own I guess.

jrdatrackstar1223

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I liked the way it was before where it just disabled it.. To each their own I guess.

It’s still the same behavior as it was on all the other iOS 11 releases, not sure what the other person was talking about. WiFi and Bluetooth only disconnect when clicking the buttons in control center.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site

Not so on my phone. Tapping the WiFi icon in control center disconnects me from my access point, but the WiFi radio remains on in settings / WiFi. (I'm one of the few apparently who prefer it this way.)

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Not so on my phone. Tapping the WiFi icon in control center disconnects me from my access point, but the WiFi radio remains on in settings / WiFi. (I'm one of the few apparently who prefer it this way.)

Ok, so I checked this out and you're absolutely right. Even with WiFi turned off in the control center the actual wifi radio itself does remain on, but doesn't look to reconnect to either one of my networks again.

I wonder if I left my house and returned would it reconnect itself...

1efef588ccc7469092be8e45a4f53f1d.jpg

EDIT UPDATE; Had to leave my house for an hour and when I returned my wifi did not automatically reconnect ! I think I like the way this works better.... If I want wifi I can just toggle it on/off again like previous.

Last edited:

iPh6ne6

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site
Backed up on iCloud and iTunes.
Wiped and reset
Set up as new iPhone
Plugged into iTunes, updated to 11.1 via iTunes instead of OTA.
Restored back up.

Let’s see how this runs and if my battery issues since the beginning of iOS 11 are resolved.

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so I checked this out and you're absolutely right. Even with WiFi turned off in the control center the actual wifi radio itself does remain on, but doesn't look to reconnect to either one of my networks again.

I wonder if I left my house and returned would it reconnect itself...

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171101/1efef588ccc7469092be8e45a4f53f1d.jpg

EDIT UPDATE; Had to leave my house for an hour and when I returned my wifi did not automatically reconnect ! I think I like the way this works better.... If I want wifi I can just toggle it on/off again like previous.

I'll see.. I used control center to disconnect from my work WiFi. Will see if it automatically connects to my home wifi when I get home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro