iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 11.0.3, Do Not Disturb and Bluetooth

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Greetings all.

My wife and I both have identical iPhone 7 Plus devices, both running 11.0.3. She has a 2013 Honda CRV with factory bluetooth and I have a 2012 Honda Accord that I had the USA Spec BT45-HON3 installed in. So technically my car does have bluetooth, just not from the factory. DND works great in my wife's car, but doesn't work at all in my car when both are set to activate via vehicle bluetooth connection. I've tried both devices in both cars with the same results. DND works in her car but not mine.

So my question is, what bluetooth does iOS 11 "see" as vehicle bluetooth, and is there a way to get my device's DND to work with the USA Spec BT45-HON3 device?

Has anyone else come across this?

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I haven't come across this as my BT are all factory, but have you tried setting it to "Automatically" instead of "When connected to Car Bluetooth" and see if that helps?

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I haven't come across this as my BT are all factory, but have you tried setting it to "Automatically" instead of "When connected to Car Bluetooth" and see if that helps?

Yeah, that turns on DND based on the accelerometer of the phone. Works ok except I'm in a lot of stop and go traffic which I've watched DND turn on...off....off.....on....on....on...off....