Latest update for phone (and my watch) has induced all kinds of issues!

IOS11, phone wakes up in wrong orientation 1/2 the time, most of the time, upside down. Have to open an app to get it to flip back to right side up, sometime will be in landscape instead of portrait.

I get voicemails that don't show up in the list of voice mails, that's really bad since I use my phone for work. It'll say new voicemail, then it's not in the voicemail list. Sometimes hours later it'll finally show up in the list. Argh.

Also, my watch works funky now too. Sometimes I'll look at it, and it's off, just turned itself off, and I have to turn it on and wait for it to boot. The other day, time got stuck, it said 1:42 for 2 hours, had to reboot it for it to get the time to change.

Egads, this was a bad batch of updates this fall! Hope they sort it quickly or I'm bailing, this is too many frustrations.
    10-13-2017 12:06 PM
    Try downloading the software and installing it through iTunes. It's well known ios 11 is buggy for more than half of its users. The watch I'm not sure about
    10-13-2017 12:09 PM
    You can re-install it even after the phone already updated?
    10-13-2017 12:23 PM
    You can re-install it even after the phone already updated?
    Try a backup and hard reset.
    10-13-2017 01:03 PM
    Yikes, ok, if it doesn't clear up soon, or have a 'fix' update soon, I'll try that, thanks!
    10-13-2017 01:12 PM
    I'm having a problem that the lockscreen clock, widgets and swipe to camera disappear completely.
    A reboot will fix it but it's really anoying.
    It's been there since ios 11 beta 2 en now on official 11.0.3 it's still there.
    10-13-2017 03:49 PM
    Latest update for phone (and my watch) has induced all kinds of issues!

IOS11, phone wakes up in wrong orientation 1/2 the time, most of the time, upside down. Have to open an app to get it to flip back to right side up, sometime will be in landscape instead of portrait.

I get voicemails that don't show up in the list of voice mails, that's really bad since I use my phone for work. It'll say new voicemail, then it's not in the voicemail list. Sometimes hours later it'll finally show up in the list. Argh.

Also, my watch works funky now too. Sometimes I'll look at it, and it's off, just turned itself off, and I have to turn it on and wait for it to boot. The other day, time got stuck, it said 1:42 for 2 hours, had to reboot it for it to get the time to change.

Egads, this was a bad batch of updates this fall! Hope they sort it quickly or I'm bailing, this is too many frustrations.
    More than likely the download became corrupted during installation I recommend you do a clean install of iOS 11.0.3 and then set up your device as new and not from a backup. Yes, it’s an inconvenience, but it will more than likely solve the problems “you” have been experiencing.
    AllanRosen likes this.
    10-13-2017 07:21 PM
    If it comes to that, I'll just get a new phone
    10-13-2017 07:24 PM
    This latest update is horrible. My battery life is the pits. Was decent but since the 11.0.3. What the?
    10-13-2017 07:53 PM
    Current update has removed all people that share Apple Watch activity from my 7s plus. But everyone is still showing up on my watch. I hope there’s a fix soon. Hard reset didn’t fix.
    10-13-2017 11:08 PM
    This latest update is horrible. My battery life is the pits. Was decent but since the 11.0.3. What the?
    Mine is too! I went from 70+% to 40% in a matter of minutes yesterday for no reason. My phone got really hot. Haven’t been able to make it through the day on one charge since the update and I haven’t had that issue for a loooooong time before that.
    10-14-2017 07:42 AM
    Have yall done a reinstall? Or try 11.1?
    10-15-2017 01:15 AM
    Nope. Haven’t had time.
    10-15-2017 06:11 AM
    I have 11.1, hoping it would make things better, but nope. If anything battery life on the SE is even worse that it was with 11.0.2. (Same with my iPad Pro.) Just a horrible "update" from Apple. Maybe its worst ever.
    10-15-2017 09:32 AM
    Nope. Haven’t had time.
    I understand

I have 11.1, hoping it would make things better, but nope. If anything battery life on the SE is even worse that it was with 11.0.2. (Same with my iPad Pro.) Just a horrible "update" from Apple. Maybe its worst ever.
    I know, ios 11 is just bad overall. I'm really sorry
    10-15-2017 02:20 PM
    More than likely the download became corrupted during installation I recommend you do a clean install of iOS 11.0.3 and then set up your device as new and not from a backup. Yes, it’s an inconvenience, but it will more than likely solve the problems “you” have been experiencing.
    Problem is fresh install does not solves bugs in an OS. Let’s face it. There were more betas then ever. Many people complaining about the issues. It’s a horrible OS that still feels like it’s in beta. It will all her worked out eventually but Apple pushed out an update that was not ready for the regular public because they were releasing new phones.
    10-15-2017 02:34 PM
    I understand

I know, ios 11 is just bad overall. I'm really sorry
    Not your fault! It's very unlike Apple. I don't know what the hell they were thinking with this. And the fact they are releasing patch, after patch, after patch so quickly, tells you they know they effed up.
    eyecrispy and werner6769 like this.
    10-15-2017 02:40 PM
    Problem is fresh install does not solves bugs in an OS. Let’s face it. There were more betas then ever. Many people complaining about the issues. It’s a horrible OS that still feels like it’s in beta. It will all her worked out eventually but Apple pushed out an update that was not ready for the regular public because they were releasing new phones.
    And it's releasing new phones that are half-baked as well, at least considering what they originally planned with the fingerprint sensor baked into the screen. Not sure why the rush. Oh, wait, yes I am - to appease the almighty shareholders.
    10-15-2017 02:43 PM
    I agree that a fresh install may not solve bugs-related problems, but not all issues with a beta install are the result of bugs from the beta. Corruption can occur during the installation as well as when a previous setting or app doesn't play well with the OTA update, and 'typically' a clean install takes care of the problem.
    Tartarus likes this.
    10-15-2017 02:43 PM
    Not your fault! It's very unlike Apple. I don't know what the hell they were thinking with this. And the fact they are releasing patch, after patch, after patch so quickly, tells you they know they effed up.
    I feel like each patch has gotten worse with iOS 11.
    sangs likes this.
    10-15-2017 02:44 PM
    I feel like each patch has gotten worse with iOS 11.
    Don't disagree. It's like when a football teams unsuccessfully goes for two points much too early in a game, and is chasing itself for those points the rest of the game, and failing to get them.
    eyecrispy likes this.
    10-15-2017 02:47 PM
    Don't disagree. It's like when a football teams unsuccessfully goes for two points much too early in a game, and is chasing itself for those points the rest of the game, and failing to get them.
    Lol. Totally ....
    10-15-2017 02:54 PM

This. Best advice in this thread.

If system files become corrupt when overwrites occur (installing updates over the top of current system files), then you're going to experience all types of different issues. The only way to remove those corrupt system files is to completely wipe the phone and install a fresh copy of the operating system. Nine times out of ten this resolves the majority of issues.

Problem is fresh install does not solves bugs in an OS.
    There's a difference between bugs and corrupt files wreaking havoc. Corrupt system files can be fixed by the end user by installing a fresh copy of the OS. Bugs can only be fixed by Apple developers.

Yes, there are still a small handful of bugs with the current version of iOS, but no where near what they were when the beta was first released. The only way to narrow it down and find out whether or not it's a bug is to set the device up with a fresh install of the OS.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    10-15-2017 04:30 PM