• 00Days
  • 00Hours
  • 00Mins
  • 00Secs
Check out the best deals!
    Is there a quicker way to completely turn off Wifi besides going into settings since doing it through the control center is temporary?

10-10-2017 07:48 AM
    Not that I've found. It would be very nice if Apple included it in a future update.
    10-10-2017 07:53 AM
    “Hey Siri, turn off Wi-Fi.”
    10-10-2017 07:55 AM
    Nope. You have to go through Settings.

It would be nice if Apple would educate users on changes like these. I actually find the new functionality quite useful. Rarely do I need to completely turn off my WiFi or Bluetooth radios. Part of the problem is that users have no idea how the new control center buttons work.
    Tartarus likes this.
    10-10-2017 07:57 AM
    I travel a lot, so there are times Wifi isn’t as strong as the LTE signal. So I use to slide up and cut it off
    Rob Phillips likes this.
    10-10-2017 10:57 AM
    I travel a lot, so there are times Wifi isn’t as strong as the LTE signal. So I use to slide up and cut it off
    I like that I can disconnect from a particular Bluetooth device without having to disconnect from my Apple Watch. I’ve already done that a few times. That being said it would have been nice if Apple added a force touch gesture to the Control Center widgets with an option to completely disable the Bluetooth and WiFi radios.
    There are always going to be times when a new feature or function makes things more difficult instead of more convenient for some users.
    Sherry_B and bsmith0731 like this.
    10-10-2017 05:30 PM
    Nah OP.
    I would say your quicker way would be to hard press the Settings icon and go into the WiFi that way.
    That's what I have reverted to doing...
    First world problems I know, but I really do miss the ability to do it in the control Center.
    10-10-2017 10:49 PM
    Hey Siri, turn off Wi-Fi.”
    This.
    10-11-2017 09:16 AM
    It seems in iOS11.1, the ability to turn WiFi and Bluetooth off has returned in the control
    Centre.

I am on the PB and I had turned off WiFi upon leaving a location where I usually have WiFi on and then returned a few hours later, and it was still off. So I had to turn it back on manually.

I turned off Bluetooth yesterday afternoon and this morning, it is still off. So looks like Apple have returned the functionality in this version.
    bsmith0731 likes this.
    10-14-2017 04:06 AM
    It seems in iOS11.1, the ability to turn WiFi and Bluetooth off has returned in the control
    Centre.

I am on the PB and I had turned off WiFi upon leaving a location where I usually have WiFi on and then returned a few hours later, and it was still off. So I had to turn it back on manually.

I turned off Bluetooth yesterday afternoon and this morning, it is still off. So looks like Apple have returned the functionality in this version.
    I'm not seeing anything different in 11.1 than the way it's been for most of beta 11. When I disable wifi or blue-tooth in the control center, it's not disabled in settings. Unless you meant something else?
    10-15-2017 08:31 PM
    I'm not seeing anything different in 11.1 than the way it's been for most of beta 11. When I disable wifi or blue-tooth in the control center, it's not disabled in settings. Unless you meant something else?
    It seems like when do hit the Wifi in the Control Center it is temporary.
    10-16-2017 12:03 AM
    It seems like when do hit the Wifi in the Control Center it is temporary.
    As annoying as it is for some, Apple meant for it to be this way.

I personally do not find any issues with it. I can disable Bluetooth in the Control Center without cutting off the connection between my iPhone and my Apple Watch. My watch remains connected to my phone via Bluetooth, but nothing else can connect after I've turned it off in the Control Center. I like it this way.
    10-16-2017 07:06 PM

I personally do not find any issues with it. I can disable Bluetooth in the Control Center without cutting off the connection between my iPhone and my Apple Watch. My watch remains connected to my phone via Bluetooth, but nothing else can connect after I've turned it off in the Control Center. I like it this way.
    I can see where people who have the Apple Watch may like it. For those of us that don’t it’s a PIA. Seems like they could come up with a way to please both (fingers crossed).
    10-16-2017 07:58 PM

So this "feature" is only intended to work with the Apple Watch?
    I use a Garmin Fenix and as soon as I toggle the BT in the control Center it disconnects from that as well.
    10-16-2017 10:35 PM
    So this "feature" is only intended to work with the Apple Watch?
    I use a Garmin Fenix and as soon as I toggle the BT in the control Center it disconnects from that as well.
    I also get an alert from Tile that my trackers are disabled.
    10-17-2017 06:01 AM
    I also get an alert from Tile that my trackers are disabled.
    Perhaps it's only meant for Apple BT devices to work that way.

On another note; where's the button icon to reply and quote more than one post on a desktop browser.... uggg.
    10-17-2017 12:09 PM
    “Hey Siri, turn off Wi-Fi.”
    It works! Siri turned off wifi for me! No more pesky going to the Settings and disabling it from there. Thanks!
    robertk328 and tadpoles like this.
    10-18-2017 02:13 PM
    It works! Siri turned off wifi for me! No more pesky going to the Settings and disabling it from there. Thanks!
    You’re welcome. I am using Siri these days for more and more. It’s an amazing assistant.
    kcox52692 and Sherry_B like this.
    10-20-2017 10:23 PM
    I find that if I turn off wifi as soon as I am near a hotspot my phone wifi comes back on and connects to it severing my cellular data connection and terminating the streaming of my radio app. It is seriously annoying when I am around town.
    10-21-2017 12:42 PM
    I find that if I turn off wifi as soon as I am near a hotspot my phone wifi comes back on and connects to it severing my cellular data connection and terminating the streaming of my radio app. It is seriously annoying when I am around town.
    Are you going into settings or control panel? Control panel doesn’t shut off WiFi it just disconnects your current connection.
    Kirstein Gourlay likes this.
    10-21-2017 01:19 PM
    Are you going into settings or control panel? Control panel doesn’t shut off WiFi it just disconnects your current connection.
    Yeah I know. Someone else said that on 11.1 their wifi stayed disconnected. I am also on 11.1 and control center still reconnects for me. It doesn't stay disconnected. I do have to shut it off in settings. I will try the siri route next time i go out.
    10-21-2017 01:24 PM
    Well I figured I would try the Siri option to toggle the connection.
    Not that conveinent considering you still have to unlock your phone.
    I have come to terms with it....Just an option that doesn't exist anymore....
    10-21-2017 06:20 PM
    That is interesting. I have not experienced that. I use a bunch of radio station streaming apps with no issue.
    Last edited by scruffypig; 10-22-2017 at 08:40 AM.
    10-21-2017 08:44 PM
    Perhaps it has to do with the configuration of your radio app as iPhone has no native radio functionality. Also, what model do you have again? You mentioned 11.1. perhaps it's a "beta" issue.
    10-22-2017 12:07 AM
    Well I figured I would try the Siri option to toggle the connection.
    Not that conveinent considering you still have to unlock your phone.
    I have come to terms with it....Just an option that doesn't exist anymore....
    Consider whether or not this is a restriction specific to your iphone model. I believe the hands free Siri option is only available on 6s and beyond models. I think previous to that you must have your iphone plugged in to use Siri hands free. I can enable or disable wifi using Siri hands free from my lockscreen, without having to unlock my phone.
    kcox52692 likes this.
    10-26-2017 03:47 PM
88 123 ...