Is there a quicker way to completely turn off Wifi?

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
Re: Completely turn off Wifi?

Perhaps you have a newer phone as Sherry was suggesting. On my 6, it’s 10 seconds.

So what is the end result? Are you just upset and want to voice your opinion? Will you move to Android because this is the last straw? We all have likes, dislikes, opinions etc. but in the end we have to either accept change or move on.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site

Perhaps you have a newer phone as Sherry was suggesting. On my 6, it’s 10 seconds.

If memory serves the 6 is one of the models affected by the Apple Throttle. Between now and Dec 2018 you can get a battery replacement for 30 bucks. Perhaps if you took advantage of that you can speed that up by 5 seconds. The 6 is still a decently solid phone and will be for awhile. I think a new battery would only benefit you and lengthen the life of your phone in the long run.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site

I believe that "Hey Siri, turn off WiFi (or Bluetooth)" will do this very quickly.

(You can also 3D-touch the settings icon to get quick access to WiFi and Bluetooth to turn off the radios. You can still use the control center to turn 'em back on.)

This.

Effortless.

edd

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I have every intention of replacing the battery this year. No-brainer. End result is, yes, I’m dissatisfied with their software choice but it would have to be much worse to make me abandon ship. I just want different setting options.

naddy6969

May 29, 2017
Visit site
This change annoyed me at first. Now I just leave the settings page opened to the WiFi page. 2 clicks is all it takes now, before it was 1 swipe and 1 click.

Meh. I can live with that.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR