IIRC, the September or fall new product release news stated 30+ million watches with later news saying the sales were going strong. The AirPods are big sellers and I thought 25 million is the prediction for this year. Bluetooth speaker and car use is all over. It makes a whole lot of sense to have the changes we’ve seen. If Bluetooth is the minority it’s not for long or most new sales and driving cars made in the last 5+ years.
    Tartarus likes this.
    01-14-2018 09:30 PM
    I just leave both on. It doesn’t drain battery and takes pairing and all that manual connecting out of the equation
    Tartarus and Sherry_B like this.
    01-14-2018 09:40 PM
    IIRC, the September or fall new product release news stated 30+ million watches with later news saying the sales were going strong. The AirPods are big sellers and I thought 25 million is the prediction for this year. Bluetooth speaker and car use is all over. It makes a whole lot of sense to have the changes we’ve seen. If Bluetooth is the minority it’s not for long or most new sales and driving cars made in the last 5+ years.

Agreed.

We have a slew of bluetooth devices in the house; shower speakers, printers, label maker, die cutting machine, stereo receiver, Apple TV 4K, and several more items that I can't think of at the moment that can be used on my iPhone or iPad.
    Tartarus likes this.
    01-14-2018 10:52 PM
    I let this go earlier, but it is entirely misleading. From the lock screen, it takes 10 seconds. 2 seconds is what it took prior to iOS 11.
    I’ve just tested it: 4 seconds being very slow.
    We are debating on a non existent issue.
    01-15-2018 01:25 AM
    But, of course, @edd is talking about turning off WiFi when he is not using it (i.e., driving in the car, walking around town, etc.), so a strong signal is meaningless - it's to turn off the radio when there is no signal.
    Yeah, but he's not gonna save enough on battery to make any difference.
    01-15-2018 06:34 AM
    I’ve just tested it: 4 seconds being very slow.
    We are debating on a non existent issue.
    Perhaps you have a newer phone as Sherry was suggesting. On my 6, it’s 10 seconds.
    01-15-2018 08:15 AM
    Perhaps you have a newer phone as Sherry was suggesting. On my 6, it’s 10 seconds.
    The iPhone 6 does not have 3D Touch. Still, the few seconds more is not that big of a deal.
    01-15-2018 08:26 AM
    So what is the end result? Are you just upset and want to voice your opinion? Will you move to Android because this is the last straw? We all have likes, dislikes, opinions etc. but in the end we have to either accept change or move on.
    Sherry_B, Tartarus and tadpoles like this.
    01-15-2018 05:36 PM
    If memory serves the 6 is one of the models affected by the Apple Throttle. Between now and Dec 2018 you can get a battery replacement for 30 bucks. Perhaps if you took advantage of that you can speed that up by 5 seconds. The 6 is still a decently solid phone and will be for awhile. I think a new battery would only benefit you and lengthen the life of your phone in the long run.
    kcox52692 likes this.
    01-15-2018 05:58 PM
    I believe that "Hey Siri, turn off WiFi (or Bluetooth)" will do this very quickly.

(You can also 3D-touch the settings icon to get quick access to WiFi and Bluetooth to turn off the radios. You can still use the control center to turn 'em back on.)
    This.

Effortless.
    scruffypig and kcox52692 like this.
    01-15-2018 06:05 PM
    I have every intention of replacing the battery this year. No-brainer. End result is, yes, I’m dissatisfied with their software choice but it would have to be much worse to make me abandon ship. I just want different setting options.
    vpblaze and nikkisharif like this.
    01-15-2018 06:07 PM
    This change annoyed me at first. Now I just leave the settings page opened to the WiFi page. 2 clicks is all it takes now, before it was 1 swipe and 1 click.

Meh. I can live with that.
    tadpoles likes this.
    01-15-2018 07:48 PM
    This.
    LOL. However, works well.
    01-24-2018 10:51 PM
88 ... 234